Sign in to follow this  
AllAirlineAlliance

Does the iFDG MD-11 work with FSX?

I've heard a lot of talk about iFDG's MD-11, so I decided to search it up in the Avsim file library. I saw a ton of amazing liveries, but they were for Fs2004. I downloaded some and installed it in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder, but it didn't show up in the FSX plane menu.

What do I do?

Hi. Yes it does work in FSX:SE. Have you ticked the 'show all variations' box at the bottom of the select aircraft screen? 

I have the farewell KLM aircraft, some fictional CP Air models and some freighters - FedEx, UPS, Luft. Cargo. I cannot recall if I had to convert the alpha layer of the texture, it's been a while, but the MD's did work in DX9 and work with DX10 (I run Steve's DX10 Fixer).

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I'm downloading an IFDG MD-11 to test.  It seems to be a port-over from FS2004.  I don't see why an FS2004 repaint wouldn't work.

UPDATE:  It works fine.  I also used the KLM farewell as the base model and installed

an American Airlines texture.  Things to watch out for when adding repaints:

1.  Make sure the model= (in each [fltsim.xx] is the same).

2.  Make sure panel =( is the same).

3.  Make sure texture=(matches exactly how the folder is labeled).

4.  Make sure the sim=( Is the same)

5.  title= must have something different in the line.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

HighBypass: ex. I saw a Coca-Cola MD-11 package (I'm not kidding) and then I downloaded it. I installed the package in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder. Then I started FSX and (I always keep the 'Show all variations" box ticked) I checked if it was there, but it wasn't.

Charliearon: I will try that later. 

I just downloaded the coca cola package for the IFDG MD-11.  It is a full aircraft except for the

panel. It is just a .cfg file referencing the 777_200 panel, which I bet you don't have.  You

will need to copy and paste a panel folder from your default 737 or similar aircraft.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Ah yes, If the panel isn't recognised by your FSX, then it won't show the aircraft. 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Also keep in mind that the Coke texture folder does not have a thumb.nail.JPG in it so

you will not see an aircraft in the Selection page, just the standard Question Mark aircraft.

cokemd11.jpg

Charlie Aron