Sign in to follow this  
HomieOC

P3D V4 64 Bit Crashes several Times

Hello,

I Have P3D V4 64bit i noticed the simulator will randomly crash ever 30-60 minutes usually every 60 minutes.... i noticed it seems to close down with no responding when im aspecially switching to my web browser.... i have never had that issue in v3

im making this thread to let you guys know in case I found a bug. I dont know if its P3D V4 bug or the PMDG aircraft having a bug. My friends think it's the PMDG

Im posting here to inform you in case its a PMDG Bug.

Let me know what i can do? Are there error logs you need? I have error logs enabled for p3d but dunno how to find them... thanks!

Windows event viewer logs:

Fault bucket 120769359383, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 4.0.23.21468
P3: 59279be2
P4: ai_player.dll
P5: 4.0.23.21468
P6: 59279be0
P7: c0000005
P8: 000000000004d4f9
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3805.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER391F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER391E.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER392F.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_73f7bc70e72ae69e747194c152c9827f25408a2_900409ed_0412441a

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f46d6040-90dd-4f06-a9c3-df08247c5b35
Report Status: 268566529
Hashed bucket: 599c77746979076bb0577145efb4f5fc

second error log:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004d4f9
Faulting process id: 0x37c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e15002cf5c36
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ai_player.dll
Report Id: f46d6040-90dd-4f06-a9c3-df08247c5b35
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

P3D V4 64 Bit Content Error Log

[error.0]
error=Duplicate Section Name
File: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects\fx_pmdg_747_beacon.fx
Section: Properties

[error.1]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:C:\Users\AhadDesktop\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\cameras.cfg
 Section:CameraDefinition.025
 Key:SmoothZoomTime

[error.2]
error=PitchPanRate should be between 0.0 and 100.0 degrees per second. 
Camera: On-Board (ChasePlane)

[error.3]
error=HeadingPanRate should be between 0.0 and 100.0 degrees per second. 
Camera: On-Board (ChasePlane)

[error.4]
error=PitchPanRate should be between 0.0 and 100.0 degrees per second. 
Camera: Static (ChasePlane)

[error.5]
error=HeadingPanRate should be between 0.0 and 100.0 degrees per second. 
Camera: Static (ChasePlane)

[error.6]
error=Error loading ".\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml.".  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.

Liquid Cooled Intel I7 5820K 3.3 GHz OverClocked To 4.2 Ghz
16 GB Of DDR4 System Ram 
MSI X99 SLI MotherBoard
980 GTX 4 GB Of GDDR5 Ram MSI GPU
Main OS Runs On A 228 GB SanDisk SSD
Gaming Drive Is A SamSung Evo 500 GB SSD
Backup Drive Is A Western Digital 4 TB HDD

Mirza Beg

I would suggest opening a ticket with LM support...this appears to be a crash in their "ai_player.dll".  At a minimum, they normally would need at least the crash dump files that are created (if any) when Prepar3D terminates.  

The poor ai_player probably has nothing to do with the crash.  It was probably still standing when the application was crashing around it and got caught by the OS asking for a memory location that no longer belonged to P3D.  These type of crashes are hard to isolate.  The PMDG products have been used in many sessions much longer than 60 min so I'd start by isolating the problem thorough elimination.  I assume you are not using the left PFD popup.. that has been a crash trigger ever since P3D v3.0.  The first place I'd look is make sure you don't have FSUIPC doing automatic saves/backups.  Then eliminate other addons until there's no more crash.  Good luck and please keep us up to date on your progress.

Dan Downs KCRP

7 minutes ago, downscc said:

The poor ai_player probably has nothing to do with the crash.  It was probably still standing when the application was crashing around it and got caught by the OS asking for a memory location that no longer belonged to P3D.  These type of crashes are hard to isolate.  The PMDG products have been used in many sessions much longer than 60 min so I'd start by isolating the problem thorough elimination.  I assume you are not using the left PFD popup.. that has been a crash trigger ever since P3D v3.0.  The first place I'd look is make sure you don't have FSUIPC doing automatic saves/backups.  Then eliminate other addons until there's no more crash.  Good luck and please keep us up to date on your progress.

Hello it;s not related to fsuipc auto save. I had actually had fsuipc installed no logging and the plane crashed so i enabled it because it made me lose my flight

Mirza Beg

7 minutes ago, downscc said:

I realize this is OT, but is there a FAQ in the bolded part above?  All this time I never knew this was an issue and I would habitually, like most people, use the left PFD popup.  Now that I know this I always use the FO side popups.  

Nahhh I use the left PFD pop a LOT and never had it cause a crash, not once.

Mark Trainer

17 minutes ago, HomieOC said:

could staff possibly chime in please?

If you want us to weigh in on something in an official capacity, the venue for that is support.precisionmanuals.com, as is noted in several places. This is the community support forum where users help each other.

Since I'm here, though, I'll note that the faulting module references none of our code. Doesn't sound like it's caused by us, despite your friends' assertions.

Kyle Rodgers

It looks like you might have installed RAAS into P3D v4 which is a 32-bit app.

The DLL is probably crashing out P3D. Try removing RAAS.

5 hours ago, HomieOC said:

error.6]
error=Error loading ".\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml.".  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Just now, bob34 said:

It looks like you might have installed RAAS into P3D v4 which is a 32-bit app.

The DLL is probably crashing out P3D. Try removing RAAS.

Thanks BOB! How do i remove it> I never remember installing it though sir

Thanks BOB! How do i remove it? I never remember installing it though sir

Mirza Beg

7 minutes ago, HomieOC said:

Thanks BOB! How do i remove it? I never remember installing it though sir

Mirza Beg

Hi Mirza. Unfortunately I am traveling and using my laptop, so I can't compare my P3D and PMDG installation to yours. I'm guessing RAAS shouldn't be there, but if it's not in your application list to uninstall, I really can't give you good advice how to disable it without possibly messing something else up. Especially because it's sitting in your /ProgramData folder.

Maybe someone else who is in front of their machine with P3D might be able to walk you through a few options. Sorry I can't help further.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

16 minutes ago, HomieOC said:

I never remember installing it though sir

It came with the Boeing 747-400 and controls the runway callouts and a few others.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I think you'll find RAAS is installed for everyone that has 747 for P3D v4, it's just disabled.  I don't think it's causing your problem.

Source:

A 64-bit version of the RAAS dll doesn't exist yet - we're waiting on FS2Crew for that. What's there right now is just a placeholder, it's not causing problems because it can't even load.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Right, sorry for not being clear.  It's listed in the dll.xml, but yeah it's disabled and wouldn't load even if you tried to enable it.

Now, on the other hand, if someone tried to copy it over from P3D v3 and force it to load....