Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Any Decent Facebook Groups?

I was wondering if there are any decent, mature facebook groups out there worth joining. Does anyone belong to any good ones (not developers' sites though)?

Hi! Long flights, ga, interesting locations and airfields, tweaks, tops... that sort of thing. 

Flight Sim people are Forum people and have been that way since well before Facebook was even around, to give you an idea I joined FSFORUM on Compuserve back in 1991 and have always used Forums for Flight Sim related stuff. Some of us venture over to FB but not really for Flight Sim, more for just saying stuff to each other outside of the Moderators Locks :laugh:

Matthew Kane

I understand that 100%! Someone on fb said forums were as outdated as steam engines! But they provide a way to systematically discuss and then later search through detailed arguments and threads. Try looking for an old discussion on fb!!! 

You have to filter through alot of crap on FB to find anything worth looking at.   I find FB groups good for new announcements as usually it's a race to post anything first.  Other than that you rarely learn anything new although there are many people here who speak highly of them.  I'm not a fan.

Which sim do you use. I belong to two FB groups for P3D which are very active, and another for Sim Helicopters. There are groups for XP and FSX too. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Facebook is a very poor choice for actually having a conversation. It is an ideal platform for product announcements, and such, but of very little practical use otherwise. IMHO of course! :gaul:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator