Sign in to follow this  
cowboy10uk

So is this another texture program then?

Hi guys, sorry for the newb question, but after being away from the civilian flight scene for a while I'm a tad behind the bell curve.

Ive just purchased P3D V4 along with AS16 and ASCA to get myself the best looking sim experience i can manage on my PC, I was also looking at ENVTEX after a number of recommendations as I understand that provides better ground visuals than ASCA.  Now can someone tell me where does PTA fit into the equation, is it another textures package like ENVTEX and ASCA as I see the main thing about it is providing great visual experience?  

Or is it something that I run alongside the other programs, sorry for what is probably a obvious answer to many, but I'm confused all to hell.  I basically just want the most realistic 4K visual experience I can get from my pc, even if it does only run at 20 - 25 FPS. 

Is there any benefit of me getting this, or will the programs already on the pc be enough?

Cowboy10uk  

PTA allows you to modify the core shaders using presets that people like Predrag (who created the URP) create. It doesn't replace textures - it's an aid to texture sets to enhance their aesthetic appeal in the sim.

Thanks.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

1 hour ago, MattDavies said:

PTA allows you to modify the core shaders using presets that people like Predrag (who created the URP) create. It doesn't replace textures - it's an aid to texture sets to enhance their aesthetic appeal in the sim.

Thanks.

Matt, I'm a big fan of your youtube videos and cannot wait to try this latest PTA with P3D v4. Did I mention I'm a big fan of your youtube videos? Can I get a discount for mentioning that I'm a big fan of your youtube videos twice? Well, three times if you count the last.

Mario Di Lauro

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, cowboy10uk said:

Hi guys, sorry for the newb question, but after being away from the civilian flight scene for a while I'm a tad behind the bell curve.

Ive just purchased P3D V4 along with AS16 and ASCA to get myself the best looking sim experience i can manage on my PC, I was also looking at ENVTEX after a number of recommendations as I understand that provides better ground visuals than ASCA.  Now can someone tell me where does PTA fit into the equation, is it another textures package like ENVTEX and ASCA as I see the main thing about it is providing great visual experience?  

Or is it something that I run alongside the other programs, sorry for what is probably a obvious answer to many, but I'm confused all to hell.  I basically just want the most realistic 4K visual experience I can get from my pc, even if it does only run at 20 - 25 FPS. 

Is there any benefit of me getting this, or will the programs already on the pc be enough?

Cowboy10uk  

Yes, you want this!  It completely changes the color/lighting to be so much more realistic with a good profile.  There are several great presets available.  You'll be very pleased with the results!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.