Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Turbulent Designs KMBS now released - V4 ready

Looks like they have pushed the bar up several notches with this product.  Curious how frame rates are for P3Dv3 version.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

We need Aerosoft to release their CRJ7/9 so we can make authentic tubeliner use of this beautifully rendered scenery.  They show the PMDG B737 NGX landing there in their demo video, but when I searched FlightAware, the only recent B737 service to that facility was a charter.  The vast bulk of R/L activity is with CRJs.  I will definitely be picking this one up.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

It looks spectacular...but I still have a hard time appreciating the value of modelling the interior of a terminal building, which most simmers will never view but maybe once. Beautiful scenery, regardless.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Is this their home airport? A special airport for something? I love their scenery design but I cannot imagine many people picking this up.  There are so many bigger airports missing in flight sim.

57 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Is this their home airport? A special airport for something? 

Not sure what their motivation is.  They're a UK company and now have produced 3 small US GA-sized airports.  They do very nice work.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

We need Aerosoft to release their CRJ7/9 so we can make authentic tubeliner use of this beautifully rendered scenery.  They show the PMDG B737 NGX landing there in their demo video, but when I searched FlightAware, the only recent B737 service to that facility was a charter.  The vast bulk of R/L activity is with CRJs.  I will definitely be picking this one up.

I've flown out of MBS in real life on a 737 a long time ago (United to ORD), so it was at least realistic at some point, but yeah it's probably all RJs today. I'm shocked to see this airport get done as a major payware scenery honestly, never would have expected it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Not to worry, Ryan, I will be taking the impeccable PMDG 737NGX into MBS on some new, but fictitious, routings as soon as I have both available in P3Dv4.  But, when I'm trying to simulate real life operations, I'll need the AeroSoft CRJ7/9... well...  unless PMDG have something surprising up their sleeve :)   I have no idea if you do, but that would be another welcomed study simulation for us to sink our teeth into.  Just sayin'

Doug Miannay

I believe this was going to be Russ Whites debut product under his own banner. The original plan was to focus on airports in the Great Lakes region. Somewhere along the line he joined turbulent designs instead......

Wow, that is a nice scenery. I'm not sure why so much detail was put inside the terminal buildings, but with all that detail, they might as well added people moving about. That kind of attention should have all been put to the exterior of the airport, but hey, awesome scenery. All we need now is Aerosoft CRJ, since this is a CRJ rich environment.

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

Not sure what their motivation is.  They're a UK company and now have produced 3 small US GA-sized airports.  They do very nice work.

L35 fits in to Orbx California and is near kpsp for short hops in GA, a great location just off the lake at high elevation. A good airport to make.

I was wondering where this was and just realized I flew there about 5 months ago on a business trip to Dow Chemical. Having said that not sure I would want it in my sim collection give how few times I would use it. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

It looks spectacular...but I still have a hard time appreciating the value of modelling the interior of a terminal building, which most simmers will never view but maybe once. Beautiful scenery, regardless.

With P3D and the Avatar, they can be explored.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FSXtreme said:

With P3D and the Avatar, they can be explored.  

And with a nearly unlimited VAS reserve now with P3Dv4, this sort of thing no longer matters.  Bring it on.  The developers probably have a special connection to this airport and felt it added to the immersion to model the interior.  I can see my avatar pilot walking through the terminal and out the door to the aircraft for their next flight. :)  In any event, the more realism, the better in my book.

Doug Miannay

People questioning the level of terminal detail have a good point, I suppose. Even with the avatar feature, I'm sure that the number of people who will take the time to walk around the whole thing on a regular basis is pretty low. However, you have to consider that MBS has a small terminal with HUGE windows, so sitting in the cockpit before/after a flight you should be able to easily see a lot of the detail they put in. And if 75% of the terminal will be immediately visible on the ramp, why not just fill in the extra 25%? It's not like they skimped on details on the ramp to do so- everything looks A+, ORBX level or better, all for only $25. 

I don't use P3D much anymore, but as a Michigander I'm super tempted to pick this up anyway. I wonder how well it will be able to convert into XPlane...