Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

moving from 2D to 3D cockpit

Guest william273

while i have some VERY nice looking panels for some great aircraft i am moving on to using the virtual cockpits and the default FS aircraft. i have had it up to here trying EVERYTHING i can think of to get these aircraft to fly with the correct visual perspective, mainly for final approaches and landing but i have no hair left on my head to pull out! i deleted and reinstalled FS9 with no addons, just the pure graphically challenged aircraft and panels. those poor souls aren't really that bad. the virtual cockpits don't look bad. i know there are some addons that are good and better but just talking default here. i think the lear and kingair have very nice VCs but the lear is the clear winner for me. i now no longer have to worry about getting a good approach view as everything is there to be seen. landings are FUN!!! specially when the weather is bad and some good crosswinds are blowing. nice indeed. i am happy. it really adds so much to the realism factor. the aircraft takeoff at what seems like a more realistic manner than the 2D rocket mode, same with landing. i am a VIRTUAL COCKPIT convert and out of the 2D circus which it was for me. i also had a good look around the virtual cockpits and it made me feel like i was in it. there is alot there, radios,throttles,flaps,etc. i'm mainly talking about the boeings and lear but all have pretty much what's needed. well, i can now enjoy my flying more and not have to concern myself with why things don't seem to work out properly. i will admit that alot of my problems are probably from ignorance but i've done about everything i can do. to sum it up, using the virtual cockpits solves alot of problems. william

Guest william273

thanks alex, i'll check it out. william

Guest Bell206freak

That f1view.zip VC view module thing is pretty cool! Now I can preset my VC zoom level w/o having to pause the flight! Sweet!I wish I would have known about it sooner. :)

Guest william273

i might be getting it in the future. thanks thomas, william