Sign in to follow this  
sascha

How will RealityPack 1.2 work with.......

FS Genesis, Bev Textures, LandClass, 38mm Mesh, and Ultimate Terrain. I have all of these and enjoy them, but...WOW, what I've seen on the Screenshots Forum from Sascha looks incredible.I want it all. Great Donationware!

Ummm...No answers. I would assume that it would be difficult to have several competing textures working in FS9. That's purely an assumption on my part, since no one has really responded to this question.I installed RealityPack 1.2 last night, but went back to my previous textures and bought BEV "Hard Winter" this morning (Sunday). Now I have 4 volumes of BEV and when Spring arrives, I'll have the whole set of textures.I commend Sascha for his effort and wonderful contribution, but it's difficult to decide when all the texture choices which have been around for a while keep evolving as well.Best advice I found was "experiment....but BACK UP YOUR TEXTURES. You won't be sorry if you do that!

Guest jennifer

"Ummm...No answers. I would assume that it would be difficult to have several competing textures working in FS9"That would have been my reply exactly. RealityPack appears to belong to the Ruud Faber school of colouration which is too saturated for my tastes so they clash with the more muted tones of say Lennart's textures or even the default. I tried them and there were some unnatural looking clashes where they butted up against my already installed textures. Having said that there are effects files, light files, roads and rail files in there as well which might be worth trying.

Guest airbus_flyboy

I have the first 4 sets of BEV as well as Ultimate Terrain , Active Sky 6, and Flight Enviro. I installed Reality Pack 1.2 last night, started up flight sim and all my textures were various shades of blues, purples, pinks, reds.. I replaced my orig textures, and re-installed reality pack. Same colors.. So, reality pack is no longer install. From the screen shots and what I have read from others, great add-on, and good job! Just not for me!Safe Landings, 737FlyBoy

I think that this correct - different texture sets will almost inevitably clash not only in colour but in definition and contrast as well. I have gone for a realistic colouring based on a lot of photographs and personal observation but especially colouring and contrast will greatly vary from monitor to monitor.I think that the default textures were very subdued because Microsoft tried to simulate the effect of a hazy atmosphere through the textures because the overcast effect was very basic. With the great weather programs available I believe that the weather and atmospheric effect in FS9 is now very realistic and there is no necessity to stick to dark textures today. It has become a matter of preference. Actually my main motivations to start work on RealityPack was the desire to see how close FS9 could match the real world colouring :)Here are some real life examples.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140517.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140518.jpgBest wishes,Sascha