Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Autopilot Keeps Disconnecting

Hi,

Why is it that every time I press the autopilot it keeps disconnecting? It has never done this in the previous version of the 747-400.

Ken Manning 

Just now, kmanning said:

Why is it that every time I press the autopilot it keeps disconnecting? It has never done this in the previous version of the 747-400.

Usually an indication that you haven't cleared a trim axis, or your controller is spiking. Do remember that, if you're using P3Dv4, you need to re-set all of your calibrations and so on from v3.

Kyle Rodgers

I have had the same issues, but it started happening after the update. My controls were already calibrated. Any other ideas?

Tyson Dohrer

14 minutes ago, tdohrer said:

I have had the same issues, but it started happening after the update. My controls were already calibrated. Any other ideas?

I'm confused as to whether or not you actually took my last post seriously. Nothing in the latest update would have changed to affect this, which points to hardware. If it were an issue with the code, it would be widely reported. I don't see it on my system, and I'm not seeing reports.

I understand that it may seem like it's related, but it's likely coincidental, and - again - something caused by your hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

Just completed a flight in the 747-400 V2 in P3DV4, no issues whatsoever noticed with the Autopilot.  I did notice that after landing with reverse thrust that the Auto Throttle didn't automatically disconnect, which locked out the thrust levers for taxi.

Note that I'm not yet up to speed on this aircraft's system interaction, so not sure if this is normal, but I wouldn't think so.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm sorry I forget the exact verbiage (I'm at work), but isn't there an option that does not allow the controls to override the AP? Perhaps when reinstalling you forgot to set an option or two?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I had the autopilot disconnect problem with my PFC Yoke. If its not 100% perfectly centered the Autopilot will disconnect after a few seconds. I just increased the Null zone a little and that fixed it for me.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hi Kyle,

On that last flight, I do recall that the trim was not set correctly, and for some reason, I could not get it to trim up to the correct setting. It was supposed to be set at 6.7 but I think it was around 4 or 5. But even when I set the trim correctly, it would always disconnect. It probably wasn't so much the trim setting because I also happened to remember that in my controller settings, I set the elevator null to zero. Would that caused the autopilot to disconnect if the Null is set to zero? I guess I need to set it back to default.

By the way, what type of joystick do all of you use when testing the 747 product?

Ken. Manning

10 hours ago, kmanning said:

By the way, what type of joystick do all of you use when testing the 747 product?

There is probably one of everything among the various technical and beta team testers.  The trim value at takeoff is only a reference during rotation and initial climb, there may be further trim commands by the pilot as soon as he is flying.  The key is making sure the controls are trimmed such that you can take your hand off the stick or yoke and the attitude remains where you left it, and now you can connect A/P.

Dan Downs KCRP