Sign in to follow this  
Oliver_Cooksey

Texture Display Resolution

I was wondering what, if any visual improvement, texture display resolution will have on appearance in P3DV4.

To give you some context I am running an i5 4690k with a GTX 1060 3GB and 16GB of DDR3. I run on a single 1080p display. I also have ORBX FX Global and OpenLC Europe Installed, and Intent to install AS16 and REX Airports when it is compatiable.

In terms of image quality settings I have FXAA on, AA on 2xSSAA, Anisotropic 16x and the Texture Resoultion at 4096x4096. If I was to turn this down to 2048 or 1024 would I notice a visual difference, and if so, how significant?

Oliver Cooksey

Why don't you just turn it down and try it? You won't beak anything!

Phil

4 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

I was wondering what, if any visual improvement, texture display resolution will have on appearance in P3DV4.

To give you some context I am running an i5 4690k with a GTX 1060 3GB and 16GB of DDR3. I run on a single 1080p display. I also have ORBX FX Global and OpenLC Europe Installed, and Intent to install AS16 and REX Airports when it is compatiable.

In terms of image quality settings I have FXAA on, AA on 2xSSAA, Anisotropic 16x and the Texture Resoultion at 4096x4096. If I was to turn this down to 2048 or 1024 would I notice a visual difference, and if so, how significant?

Oliver Cooksey

FXAA should be turned OFF, it will degrade your textures by blurring everything on screen (particularly you will notice this on text). FXAA is a good option for those with low end graphic cards who suffer too much FPS loss from using MSAA or SSAA. Basically, FXAA should only be ON if the anti-aliasing is set to NONE.