Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[10JUN17] Important Update for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

The update went great ( Well it says im up to date ) and had no problems just one question 

I first removed P3D V3 program through the add/remove in control panel

I removed my V3 version of the QOTHSii before installing the P3DV4 version  

When i ran the update this evening it found the old PMDG floder in the P3D V3 root folder on my hard drive as i could see it on the command prompt on screen

Is it safe now to delete my PMDG contents from the V3 folder as there is no V3 sim to run? Im afraid in case i stir a hornets nest with corrupted files or activation errors when i have my sim running near perfection 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Stephen,

Yes- your Prepar3d v3 and Preapr3d v4 are totally unrelated, as are the PMDG products that you have installed for P3D v3 and P3D v4.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Captain,

Two mouse clicks and all done.

1) Operations Centre update, and , 2) PMDG747v3 -FSX update, in my platform.

Looking forward to using the new set up. 

Incidentally, will 'Saved Flights' contain the new features, or do they run in the initial set up. I'm in the middle of a flight from Hong Kong to Denpasar (Bali Intl.)?

Bernard Walford

Thanks for this update - so far, everything is copacetic.

However, the time to do the update beat the old record of the 1st update by 2 minutes, taking 27 minutes.  But this time, I was prepared for to sit and wait.  (First update led to a lot of frustration).  

Flew quite a bit with the new version. No issues at all. Just one small bug, I can't stop looking at the plane, it's too beautiful :D

cu
Roman

• Upvote 2

P3D v4 is showing up to date at version 3.00.8334

Is that the latest? If not, what version should it be?

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

17 hours ago, smoothchat said:

P3D v4 is showing up to date at version 3.00.8334

Is that the latest? If not, what version should it be?

Are you asking about the QOTSII version?  Look in the Operations Center menu item Version.  Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP