Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

Windows 10 Creator's Update compatibility mode notification

This is a new FSX install and Windows 10.

I have Win 10 Creator's Update running FSX with Acceleration, several plane addons, and that's it.

Everytime I exit FSX I get this notification.  I've right clicked on the Properties of the FSX Shortcut and adjusted the compatibility mode (I tried Win 7 and Vista) but I still get this notification after I exit FSX everytime.

Any idea how to get rid of this notification?  Thanks.

FSX%20Compatibility%20mode%20issue_zps1n

Did you also try "Troubleshoot Compatibility", instead of Properties, from the icon right click?

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

What is the use of creator update if things are screwed up for some simmers.

I am dreading it coming to my computer.

Denis B

3 hours ago, bursco said:

I am dreading it coming to my computer.

You shouldn't. The vast majority of users have no problems with Windows 10 or the Creators Update. If they did, this forum would full of a constant stream of complaints rather than just the occasional one. People rarely go online to say something works well for them. Even the Windows forums that seem to full of a lot of issues are from just a minuscule percentage of the overall userbase, and they are often caused by something the user has or hasn't done rather than any problem with the OS.

For the OP, I use FSX:SE and have no compatibility settings applied. Does FSX otherwise run normally? If yes, I'd be inclined to just live with it until an easy fix appears.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The popup says it already applied settings. What happens if you just hit Run Program?

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.