Sign in to follow this  
hydraulics3

Airport Static View

Win 10/FSX-SE/CP v0.285 ex

Do all airports in static view work?

The reason I ask, at EHAM when selecting a Gate or Rwy all I view is  a black screen with a spattering of white spots.

I tried a selection of other airports EGCC EGKK VHHH KJFK which all work just fine.

Tks Don

Do you have third party scenery for EHAM?  Sounds like maybe a scenery install or activation issue.  Just a guess. 

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Sounds weird... Perhaps Kevin can be helpful?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Try Regenerating Airport Data from the Preferences, maybe you installed an add-on after the first scan, creating a mismatch between what's detected by ChasePlane and what's on the actual sim.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

We are looking at an issue with Static Cameras right now. Let me know if the next build fixes the issue. You will have to regenerate airport data after the update.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have just tried Static Camera EHAM with v0.2.91 after regenerating airpor data - sorry to say I still have  a black sky with a load of distance stars. Other airports I have tried work just great - very strange.

Don

What scenery airport are you using for EHAM?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No  - default scenery. Just to make sure I checked my scenery folder again and found no additional scenery for EHAM or in my addon scenery folder.

With update v0.2.100 and regenerated the Static screen is now 'solid sky blue ......' at least the starry sky has gone. If I go to another airport keeping in Nederland EHBK Maastricht works as it should. Went back to EHAM still the same - solid sky blue screen .

One other add-on I am using in Ultimate Traffic 2. I have turned off the traffic but still the same.

Just to make sure went to KMCO. Well that put me into the sea and then like as if I was approaching Innsbruck with lake and snowy mountains around.

I rebooted FSX-SE and noticed you had done another update 0.2.101. - good work but I cannot keep up! :)

Anyway EHAM is now back to the black starry sky.

I am going to bed and take some tablets.....

Don

We have been able to reproduce the issue, we will look into it!

Thanks for the report!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Now 0.2.102. Regenerated but still the same. It is definitely looking into the universe because this time I can see the moon. :)

My sim time set 0400z EHAM and at either gate F8,F6,F4,F2 I  see the moon in slightly different positions. If I go to odd gates, as they are located on the opposite side of the pier, same starry night but no moon.

Good try Keven, but as my tutor would say' more work needed' :(

Don 

btw I don't normally fly to EHAM otherwise I would never have discovered then anomaly - sorry. I know you are going to say 'don't fly to EHAM'.....

Edited by hydraulics3