Sign in to follow this  
Lenny777

PMDG 777 v4 ready to go!

Yes! Now some no-more-OOM-flying with the biggies!

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Wow, way to go PMDG!  These guys are cranking out these updates!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Fantastic FPS at new updated v4 ENGM with 30% MyTraffic - 40-45 fps with heavy cloud cover and ActiveSky.

Oof - I was in the market for a heavy, gotta determine do I go triple 7 or the Queen!  I've been on the NGX as I mostly fly short 1-2 hour flights.  Haven't touched v4 much other than to get some scenery and stuff in and tested while I wait for airliners to be updated/released.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

56 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Fantastic FPS at new updated v4 ENGM with 30% MyTraffic - 40-45 fps with heavy cloud cover and ActiveSky.

Impressive. With FlyTampa EHAM low 20'ish unfortunately

49 minutes ago, Mephic said:

Impressive. With FlyTampa EHAM low 20'ish unfortunately

Check your texture resolution. Adjust it to 2048x2048. When I loaded up ENGM and was at the jetway my FPS was around 15-20. I checked my settings and for some reason they had either defaulted to 4096x4096 or an addon caused this. This happened again today when DRZEWIECKI released his EPWA today for v4. I had loaded his 4096 grass textures. When I went o my settings at the airport there was the textures at 4096 again. I don't know it this was a product of the installing or for some reason it is defaulting to 4096. So I reduced that to 2048 and I had my AA on 8x, I reduced it to 2xMSAA and Ani to 4X and whoa! the frames jumped by over 50%.

i7-7700k 4.2 GHz (no OC) , MOBO ASRock 270 Pro4 LGA 1151 16GB Ripjaws DDR4, Zotac Extreme 1080 8GB.

The FPS with 777 does not change regardless of resolution in my case. It literally killed my FPS, especially in VC. 

1 minute ago, Mephic said:

The FPS with 777 does not change regardless of resolution in my case. It literally killed my FPS, especially in VC. 

Several  months ago before this update when I was still running it in 3.4 PMDG apparently had further optimized the 777 to make it more frame friendly. This was a product of their working on the P3D version of the 747. And indeed I noticed it at that time. Disappointing you're not getting a better fps. I wonder if there is other settings which you may need to adjust?

25 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Several  months ago before this update when I was still running it in 3.4 PMDG apparently had further optimized the 777 to make it more frame friendly. This was a product of their working on the P3D version of the 747. And indeed I noticed it at that time. Disappointing you're not getting a better fps. I wonder if there is other settings which you may need to adjust?

No clue. It's a mix of addons fault - I get horrible FPS with Flytampa EHAM + 777. But if I spawn 777 alone on other airport it's fine, although the numbers are much lower than when I flew it in V3. . Other way around, Carenado stuff or A2A works great in FT EHAM. I thought I hit RAM limit (I have 8 gig only) but total usage is 6 gig so it's not that either. 

Don't forget the Optimize_parts =1 (something like that) in the prepar3d.cfg.i know that helps

steve

After some more testing on various addon airports across the world, it seems that on my config there is something wrong between FlyTampa stuff and PMDG stuff, as triple 7 performs FANTASTIC in any other dev airports. 

Will need to find what's causing the issue, anyway it seems it's not entirely PMDG related so apologies for stating it's a performance hog. ;) 

Thats nice, PMDG is by far the best developer for planes, I hope so much they will also step up to more modern planes like B787, A350 or A380 in the near future since no other good payware aircraft of these models is out or in development.

Normally FlyTampa is the best dev for airports without question, no chance for Aerosoft in my opinion, since their airports costs alot of fps and the environment around it doesnt look smooth like with FlyTampa. I will try as soon as possible the PMDG 777 with FlyTampa Dubai and Sydney if I get the same experience with fps issues.

And for the New York lovers btw, even when OFF-Topic, Drzwecki Design New York City X gives you with full autogen almost 50 % more fps instead of ugly default NYC in P3D. And especially in Manhatten so much more density, overall it looks now like New York. 49 fps vs 33 fps!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

Don't forget the Optimize_parts =1 (something like that) in the prepar3d.cfg.i know that helps

steve

Isn't that checked by default?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Isn't that checked by default?

Since v3.3 already yes ^^