Sign in to follow this  
blackbird7

Any reason to upgrade from Pilot's FS Global Ultimate to Next Generation?

Yeah, i see no installer for FSGlobal 2010, yet i can simply add the entries into P3D and away i go. It'd take nothing to sort this out their end, yet they try and make you buy yet *another* version... not great at all tbh.. i manually installed and will not be bothering with them for now..

• Upvote 2

I used the updated installer, downloaded via the Ultimate NG disc 1, to install to P3Dv4.  I already had installed to v3 and the installer was intelligent enough to be able to re-use the existing files and simply update the v4 scenery.cfg to load the files.  No complaint.

I updated from the earlier products to NG and i do see a very nice difference in the US central plains, where it is not longer table flat but realistic gentle undulations of the terrain. Very nice.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

4 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

Yeah, i see no installer for FSGlobal 2010, yet i can simply add the entries into P3D and away i go. It'd take nothing to sort this out their end, yet they try and make you buy yet *another* version... not great at all tbh.. i manually installed and will not be bothering with them for now..

Exactly..

I mean, I paid what, $100 for a PMDG plane and those guys rework the whole simulation to 64 bits, updates, etc. FOR NOTHING...

And this guy, I paid almost $200 for the full set of Ultimate and he cannot give us a lousy installer to do things neatly..???  And I'm not even "demanding" it's free, I would be ok with him charging say $5 like they did last time for P3D, but he still refuses to do even that to force you to buy a new product. Won't be getting it from me, that's for sure...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

This is incorrect. They only released installers for their new NG product, and have explicitly stated they will not release any for the older ones.

You are right, I thought you meant NG ultimate one. Sorry

I use Fs Global Ultimate for Europe in V4.

Just set the path in the library and that's it.

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm confused here, is FS Global Ultimate Next Generation a rebrand of the old FS Global Ultimate? Or did they update anything else such as newer data, meshes, etc? 

and then there's also an FTX compatible FS Global package as well. So which one is the best one to get for P3D v4 if you have FTX Global, openLC installed?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, stripealipe said:

I bought FSGlobal 2010 but do not have it currently installed.  I do not see a way to download it from their site.  It looks like i have to get the new version?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

FS Global 2010 is different and old I believe. The new version looks to me like FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Exactly..

I mean, I paid what, $100 for a PMDG plane and those guys rework the whole simulation to 64 bits, updates, etc. FOR NOTHING...

And this guy, I paid almost $200 for the full set of Ultimate and he cannot give us a lousy installer to do things neatly..???  And I'm not even "demanding" it's free, I would be ok with him charging say $5 like they did last time for P3D, but he still refuses to do even that to force you to buy a new product. Won't be getting it from me, that's for sure...

You own the older version of FSGlobal I suppose?  PMDG did write in their forum that the cost to upgrade to 64 bit was factored into the price of their aircraft which will be ported over to P3Dv4, you are not getting PMDG's upgrades for nothing.

You are also implying that an older version of FSGlobal which has been developed for older versions of the sim, which by the way have been rewritten, should be updated to run in these newer sims?  I am not sure if you understand the man hours involved in writing code, most dev's barely break even in these ventures. 

\Robert Hamlich/

4 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

You own the older version of FSGlobal I suppose?  PMDG did write in their forum that the cost to upgrade to 64 bit was factored into the price of their aircraft which will be ported over to P3Dv4, you are not getting PMDG's upgrades for nothing.

You are also implying that an older version of FSGlobal which has been developed for older versions of the sim, which by the way have been rewritten, should be updated to run in these newer sims?  I am not sure if you understand the man hours involved in writing code, most dev's barely break even in these ventures. 

Oh please... Are *you* aware that there is nothing to re-write in the add-on itself? That people are manually copying it over and it works just fine?   Are you honestly comparing the work it takes to rewrite the simulation of a Boeing aircraft in 64bits to what it takes to update an installer...?  Let me re-write that also: Yes, I am getting the updates for no additional cost for something infinitely more complex and that I paid half for.  I don't own the "older" version, I own the one that was the latest until what, 4-5 months ago?  Lastly to your last question, yes, of course I believe it should be updated to run on the new version (even though as stated there is nothing to update in the product itself). That what almost ALL developers are doing...

Unless you're related to this guy, there is no way I can take your comments seriously...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

I use Fs Global Ultimate for Europe in V4.

Just set the path in the library and that's it.

it seems you just updated to v4. What's your overall impression?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

9 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Yes, I am getting the updates for no additional cost for something infinitely more complex and that I paid half for.

No you are not, PMDG charged you extra for it.

So you own FSGlobal Ultimate NG, I am having a hard time understanding you, you should read this:

MAY 29th 2017:
New installer for Dovetail FSW and Prepar3D V4 released at no cost via the installer update feature. Just run the normal setup from the DVD and let it update itself when asked.

\Robert Hamlich/

Just now, HUSSAR said:

No you are not, PMDG charged you extra for it.

So you own FSGlobal Ultimate NG:

Then you should read this:

MAY 29th 2017:
New installer for Dovetail FSW and Prepar3D V4 released at no cost via the installer update feature. Just run the normal setup from the DVD and let it update itself when asked.

You are trying to compare an apple to a case of oranges, give it up....

6 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

You are trying to compare an apple to a case of oranges, give it up....

I am not comparing anything, you stated that you were not charged for the upgrade by PMDG and I corrected you.  Nothing to give up here my friend.

\Robert Hamlich/

16 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I am not comparing anything, you stated that you were not charged for the upgrade by PMDG and I corrected you.  Nothing to give up here my friend.

Of course you are, you think the work is equivalent when it is definitely not, as I corrected you.