Sign in to follow this  
EGLD

Best aircraft currently available for v4?

Hi All,

I have scenery and airports to fly to, great looking weather, what my v4 is currently missing is decent aircraft to do my 2 hours jaunts from UK to the mediterranean

In v3 I lived in the Carenado Phenoms, PC-12 and the Aerosoft Airbus

Other than the PMDG mega tube liners, what other great aircraft are currently compatible or even just working in P3D v4 for under 1000nm flights?

thanks

Officially? I don't think anything in that category yet. Still waiting on the Aerosoft Airbus installers. The TFDi 717 has released a beta version for v4 for customers who would like to participate, seems to be working great for myself. As for your Carenado aircraft, those have yet to be updated and they are working on that as we speak. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I highly recommend TFDI 717, as Andrew mentioned above. A real pleasure to (sim) fly.

Mario Di Lauro

Aircraft, understandably, do seem as though they are going to lag a bit don't they.

As per posts elsewhere, some of the Carenados work great, but nothing is officially compatible. All fsx default aircraft are also functional.

Other than PMDG, the only payware aircraft that I have flown that is officially compatible is the Twin Otter. Decent plane.

Dino also has a bunch of payware-quality military jets that are v4 compatible, these ones are free and I have 4 installed - worth checking out.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

If I could ask where did you find Dino's miltary a/c you are talking about. Do any of them have a 2D cockpit?.

Thanks 

Nelson

1 hour ago, PWJT8D said:

Officially? I don't think anything in that category yet. Still waiting on the Aerosoft Airbus installers. The TFDi 717 has released a beta version for v4 for customers who would like to participate, seems to be working great for myself. As for your Carenado aircraft, those have yet to be updated and they are working on that as we speak. 

Just an FYI for Aerosoft that it will no longer be a free update.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110849-aerosoft-a330-preview/&page=197#comment-820520

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

6 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Just an FYI for Aerosoft that it will no longer be a free update.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110849-aerosoft-a330-preview/&page=197#comment-820520

Indeed... it was announced on their forums. Quite fair, to be honest since they're not just updating the installers, but a huge feature update is included as well.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

I highly recommend TFDI 717, as Andrew mentioned above. A real pleasure to (sim) fly.

It's in Beta non? I'm waiting for this too. But I agree good addition.

Check. I see the previous post noted beta.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

15 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

It's in Beta non? I'm waiting for this too. But I agree good addition.

Check. I see the previous post noted beta.

Yes still in beta but if you join the beta-testers group, you get automatic updates as they happen. Details on their website.

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

As per posts elsewhere, some of the Carenados work great,

Do you know which ones and how?

Could you link a brother up?

thanks

17 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Yes still in beta but if you join the beta-testers group, you get automatic updates as they happen. Details on their website.

Thanks!

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 hour ago, EGLD said:

Do you know which ones and how?

Could you link a brother up?

thanks

Russ Cisco and I spent a fair bit of time testing all the Carenados we could lay our hands on. Early planes from this manufacturer are mostly fine, and have great frame rates.

I'm flying the C152 right now with my Oculus, the performance is excellent. To quote from that thread:

The following Carenado planes are flyable:

• Cessna 152 - no problems
  • Cessna 172N - no problems
  • Cessna 172N Float - no problems
  • Cessna 182 - only one gauge (attitude indicator), but flies well
  • T-34 Mentor: Some missing gauges, but flies well.
  • Seneca II: Not transparent, but missing gauges. Flight test OK.
  • Piper Archer: flies well, mostly functional but missing turn coordinator and VSI
  • Cherokee - OK visually and flew as expected, but some of the instruments were missing.
  • Mooney M20J - flies well, but only airspeed indicator, attitude indicator and GPS are functional.

If you're interested in Carenados, read the original thread (it started as a specific test of the C337H, but turned into a general Carenado free-for-all!).

You won't have much luck with the newer planes BUT some of them work much better than I expected e.g. the SR22 custom G1000 PFD and ND work suprisingly well, the plane is just challenging to fly... For more details on the failures as well as the successes:

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The TFDi is a really nice (and alternate) airplane. Nice for a change sometimes.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471