Sign in to follow this  
EGLD

Best aircraft currently available for v4?

If you want something fast and capable whilst not not needing a 5 figure LDA then the Lancair Legacy is a really good little IFR ship. 2 Hours would still be a bit of a stretch but if you fly a tight route it will get you there pretty quick. For routes around the Euro IFR area then in real life I use: https://www.autorouter.aero/userhome and it works great for sims also.

Well if you are tired of A320, B737, B777 and B747 since we flying those for decades, here I list you best freeware planes/models (because there is literally no good payware in that area):

- Project Airbus A380  (Abacus have a A380 panel, but their flight model and dynamics are awful)

- FSPainter A350 "rikoooo" made that brilliant AI aircraft flyable (I use just the very good A330 panel from CLS/Justflight)

- TDS B787 (Using a freeware B787 panel what is a merge of the stock FSX 777 and new 787 elements)

- for GA/CA: Cessna Citation X "Ultra Package" from simviation. (Just using panel from CRJ 700 from IRIS)

Of course if you want a 1:1 realistic VC panel for all these planes you can not fly them since there is nothing good out and in the making so far for my knowledge.

+1 for the Twin Otter. Cool little aircraft, some nice variations in the builds that you get and there are great liveries for it too. But then, i'm just a sucker for a twin turbo prop, so... 

• Upvote 1

Be patient. Many are coming but they'll take a bit of time to be tested for v4.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Just finished a flight with the 717 TFDi from ENBR to ENGM. Perfect flight. Very happy I could get the beta because I missed this plane. Works with GSX as well.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

While I wait for my A2A planes to get v4 updates I really enjoy flying Ant's Eaglet, which got an official v4 update (http://www.antsairplanes.com/eaglet.html). Really worth the price for all the features it has.

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

4 hours ago, touchdown84 said:

While I wait for my A2A planes to get v4 updates I really enjoy flying Ant's Eaglet, which got an official v4 update (http://www.antsairplanes.com/eaglet.html). Really worth the price for all the features it has.

Hey, thanks for the tip on the Eaglet!  There's even a free full featured demo float version available for P3Dv4!  Fun plane for sure, look forward to getting to know it better.

12 hours ago, be77solo said:

Hey, thanks for the tip on the Eaglet!  There's even a free full featured demo float version available for P3Dv4!  Fun plane for sure, look forward to getting to know it better.

Ditto!  I just checked out the floats demo and that's a very nice little LSA.

Matijs Kok's comments are pretty interesting especially on the demand side for Addons for v4.  It is clear that this version of P3D is going to be a juggernaut. 

Now I won the CRJ in that 24 hour charity event last year and I continue to wonder is he will remember ??

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sadly, my Majestic bird is a ways away.

spacer.png

+1 for TFDi 717 Community Opt-In Beta.  These guys are doing great work and are fixing issues fairly rapidly.  So far it's a solid performer for me and I love flying her around western US.  

Edit:  I do seem to have random CTD with it though - I'm not getting crashes with PMDG 744 or 77L in v4.

17 hours ago, odourboy said:

Be patient. Many are coming but they'll take a bit of time to be tested for v4.

This puzzles me.

Surely many of these developers had beta access to v4.

Surely these developers understand 64 bit is the future and ought to have been proactive in developing.

spacer.png

The 717 is great and it's a nice reminder of the beloved MD11. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

19 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

If you want something fast and capable whilst not not needing a 5 figure LDA then the Lancair Legacy is a really good little IFR ship.

Which Lancair Legacy is this?  The one from RealAir? That one works in P3Dv4 but not offcially.  Still wait for the soundgauge to be updated.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

This puzzles me.

Surely many of these developers had beta access to v4.

Surely these developers understand 64 bit is the future and ought to have been proactive in developing.

Not true. Unless you signed on to beta v4 itself, you wait like the rest of us. And without the SDK tools, you can't be sure of the lineup (compiler, etc.) requirements.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)