Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

Another Ortho problem

Here is the problem I am currently having with Ortho4XP. I can't get the program to start downloading or do anything for that matter, I set up for ZL 17 get everything else in push the step one button Get Vector data, the program says it downloading OSM data, but it just sits there doing nothing. I have had it running for over an hour and it does not do anything. Does anyone else have this problem. Or is there a workaround.

I have managed to get two tiles done and working out of three I have been able to download. Tulsa works fine, Wichita works fine, Oklahoma City where I do most of my flying of course will not do right, I can fly in Oklahoma city area for about 10 or 12 minutes at the most before I have the CTD. I have recut this tile a dozen or more times all of the dds files are readable look fine, I just cannot get X-Plane to accept that tile. About to decide this isn't worth the effort, although the sim does look amazing when it works. I have never had a problem with X-Plane very few CTD I could count the total number of CTD on one hand, but it doesn't want to play in OKC. LOL 

5 hours ago, wb5okj said:

Here is the problem I am currently having with Ortho4XP. I can't get the program to start downloading or do anything for that matter, I set up for ZL 17 get everything else in push the step one button Get Vector data, the program says it downloading OSM data, but it just sits there doing nothing. I have had it running for over an hour and it does not do anything. Does anyone else have this problem. Or is there a workaround.

I have managed to get two tiles done and working out of three I have been able to download. Tulsa works fine, Wichita works fine, Oklahoma City where I do most of my flying of course will not do right, I can fly in Oklahoma city area for about 10 or 12 minutes at the most before I have the CTD. I have recut this tile a dozen or more times all of the dds files are readable look fine, I just cannot get X-Plane to accept that tile. About to decide this isn't worth the effort, although the sim does look amazing when it works. I have never had a problem with X-Plane very few CTD I could count the total number of CTD on one hand, but it doesn't want to play in OKC. LOL 

What version are you using?  If you are running the latest, it will run, upon installation.  The current version is 1.20b  If it just hangs, I'd imagine that you have an Admin problem, permission problem, or your fire-wall is not allowing it to connect to whatever port it needs to sniff the sat sites.  You could disable your virus program entirely and see if the downloads run, with the window showing you the file download progression. If it does then run...you'll have to set the program up to be allowed by your virus software. Blah, blah....you know....

I have the 120b version, its installed ok. I'll try the anti-virus, although I haven't had a problem in the past. I'll make sue it is running with administrator rights.