Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Level-D announces 757 for Prepar3d

How can we tell how it really looks from a pic of a screenshot on a LCD monitor?  I can't!  Unless you guys actually saw it at the conference and can confirm?  I could take a pic with my phone of the PMDG 737 on my monitor and I bet people would say how crappy it looked ha.

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agreed, it would be nice to have some more material to judge from. Anyway I found this screenshot from November 2009 which doesn't look bad at all, especially considering it's almost eight years old!

20091109_225640_lds757.jpg

• Upvote 1

And for anyone who's wondering, this is the current standard for the 757 in terms of graphics fidelity. (FlightFactor 757 v2 for X-Plane 11)

eebTMZ6.jpg

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

How can we tell how it really looks from a pic of a screenshot on a LCD monitor?  I can't!  Unless you guys actually saw it at the conference and can confirm?  I could take a pic with my phone of the PMDG 737 on my monitor and I bet people would say how crappy it looked ha.

I bet people will say it's mostly because of the phone.

j/k :tongue:

I hope they will not rush this product and make it a high quality one, at lease the VC must be better quality than their 767. If I can do everything in VC, that is good.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 hours ago, Avantime said:

And for anyone who's wondering, this is the current standard for the 757 in terms of graphics fidelity. (FlightFactor 757 v2 for X-Plane 11)

eebTMZ6.jpg

FF is a "standard" like Carenado is a standard. If an addon is eye candy only it is not a standard. Captainsim has similar good visuals and little system modeling. Captainsim could be thought of as the 757 standard also.

2 hours ago, Hoang said:

I hope they will not rush this product

Uh...we were expecting this to be released about a decade back...how much longer would you like them to take?!?

😙

• Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

To add to this topic...

You are seeing an EARLY beta... Some elements were not added at the time of the show (i.e. some cockpit animations). A lot may change and evolve on the product.

At FlightSimCon, the lighting was very difficult for good pictures. You had 12 ft glass windows so cell phone cameras had to be at certain angles, and glare affected a lot. In any case, we posted a few pics over at the Level-D forum (see below). However, folks had a great time flying the plane, which was one of the goals there at the show. The display was not roped off from the public :smile:. It was hands on.

On a side note, it was amazing to see what some folks can do from all walks of life in a simulator... That is what we observed at the show. From 9 year old kids with their parents, to seasoned simmers. I think everyone landed the plane nicely. Now it is time to wheel her into the hangar and continue work!

Do not expect a lot of pics because of the evolving nature of things, but here are the couple pics as promised.

image001.jpg

image006.jpg

• Upvote 3

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I must say these pics are much better than the ones from fscon. You can see the 3D modeling in the VC. Looks very good. 

Eric 

On 6/10/2017 at 7:53 PM, Bobsk8 said:

In real life, one of my favorite planes to avoid at all costs. 

Ah, come on Bob! It's not that bad although I hate 3 + 3 layouts. Partial to the maddogs for that reason...

On 6/12/2017 at 8:44 AM, 777200lrf said:

FF is a "standard" like Carenado is a standard. If an addon is eye candy only it is not a standard. Captainsim has similar good visuals and little system modeling. Captainsim could be thought of as the 757 standard also.

I wouldn't compare FF to Carenado or Captainsim. The FF 757 v2 is currently the most complex X-Plane 11 aircraft addon you can buy, at $65. Complexity on par with the iFly 747, TFDi 717, and the Majestic Q400 Pilot (Not Pro) edition, and pretty close to the old LVLD 767. It also has stuff like shared cockpit and WX radar.

4 hours ago, Avantime said:

I wouldn't compare FF to Carenado or Captainsim. The FF 757 v2 is currently the most complex X-Plane 11 aircraft addon you can buy, at $65. Complexity on par with the iFly 747, TFDi 717, and the Majestic Q400 Pilot (Not Pro) edition, and pretty close to the old LVLD 767. It also has stuff like shared cockpit and WX radar.

FF757 v2 is good, but I only wish they can get rid of the Arial font indications on the overhead. It's a pain to read them clearly under the 2k resolution.

• Upvote 1

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

4 hours ago, Avantime said:

The FF has the system modelling of Carenado. Close to the Q400? Hahaha

5 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

To add to this topic...

You are seeing an EARLY beta... Some elements were not added at the time of the show (i.e. some cockpit animations). A lot may change and evolve on the product.

At FlightSimCon, the lighting was very difficult for good pictures. You had 12 ft glass windows so cell phone cameras had to be at certain angles, and glare affected a lot. In any case, we posted a few pics over at the Level-D forum (see below). However, folks had a great time flying the plane, which was one of the goals there at the show. The display was not roped off from the public :smile:. It was hands on.

On a side note, it was amazing to see what some folks can do from all walks of life in a simulator... That is what we observed at the show. From 9 year old kids with their parents, to seasoned simmers. I think everyone landed the plane nicely. Now it is time to wheel her into the hangar and continue work!

Do not expect a lot of pics because of the evolving nature of things, but here are the couple pics as promised.

image001.jpg

image006.jpg

That looks beautiful, please do a 757 freighter model also.

11 minutes ago, frontendrob said:

We're finally witnessing the end of the FSX/P3D era

Yeah. Sure.

• Upvote 1