Sign in to follow this  
strider1

Xplane Q And A With Austin Meyer

What point in the video does discuss g1000?  I'm at work and want to read about it but on limited bandwidth 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

From what I've seen in early Vulkan implementations in other software, there isn't a dramatic increase in raw speed over OpenGL.  Maybe a 10% boost in franerates, if that.  Instead, performance is smoothed out so you don't get framerate dips.

10 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

What point in the video does discuss g1000?  I'm at work and want to read about it but on limited bandwidth 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Thx much!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, strider1 said:

Rain effects on the road map !

AI and ATC improvements coming !

Ground shaking fixed !!!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150893642

The body language on that panel discussion between the Lockheed/P3D guy, the DTG team, and the Laminar team is fascinating to watch. Not trying to say anything specific here, you can draw your own conclusions.

Austin could have dialed back the intensity a little, but it's clear where the different sims are going.

Also, I'll believe the ground shaking fixed when I see it. If they can finally fix it, that's great, but it has never bothered me, and it seems to vary a lot between different user setups.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

19 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

The body language on that panel discussion between the Lockheed/P3D guy, the DTG team, and the Laminar team is fascinating to watch. Not trying to say anything specific here, you can draw your own conclusions.

Austin could have dialed back the intensity a little, but it's clear where the different sims are going.

Also, I'll believe the ground shaking fixed when I see it. If they can finally fix it, that's great, but it has never bothered me, and it seems to vary a lot between different user setups.

There is a lot to look fwd to in Xplane future ! Can we fast fwd a few years ?!!!

The ground shacking doesn't bother me to much since I don't linger on the ground to long, but it's definitely noticeable. Its probably really noticeable in VR.  

The one bug that really bothers me the most is the autogen lights being visible through the clouds at night. That needs to get fixed ASAP, it really ruins my night flying when shooting approaches.

Eric Escobar

I would like to see there someone from IPACS too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

15 hours ago, strider1 said:

Rain effects on the road map !

AI and ATC improvements coming !

Ground shaking fixed !!!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150893642

Is there someone kind enough to summarize the main points LR talked about in the two videos linked in this thread, for non native english speakers? I think I got most of what has been said, but probably I missed out something. :smile:

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

18 hours ago, strider1 said:

I think weather is going to be a XP12 feature :( They can't give you the perfect simulator out of the box, they would have no new features for future sales. It's like Apple, incremental updates keeps the cash flowing in. 

Are you kidding, out of the box, we are on version 11 already. Other than wings and an engine what is more important in aviation than the weather?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Are you kidding, out of the box, we are on version 11 already. Other than wings and an engine what is more important in aviation than the weather?

Rest assured that the next version of Xenviro will make X-Plane's own weather engine obsolete.

Also, Active Sky is confirmed for X-Plane, we'll see how that turns out.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

10 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Well that is Austin. The fact alone they got them all on one stage is fascinating, I never thought that would happen. But it was a blast to watch, Laminar announcing massive advancements on all fronts whereas the LM guy basically quiet (knowing P3D is merely an afterthought for his employer), and the FSW people, well that was a bit sad to watch, trying to compete with yet another hopelessly outdated FSX variant nobody needs or asked for. 

It's very satisfying to witness this turning point in FS history, there's no denying anymore that X-Plane will take the lead. Mobile, VR, crowdsourcing ect. - Laminar is performing in all areas, things are falling into place.

(Insert "still no seasons" crybaby comment.)

• Upvote 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

22 minutes ago, frontendrob said:

Well that is Austin. The fact alone they got them all on one stage is fascinating, I never thought that would happen. But it was a blast to watch, Laminar announcing massive advancements on all fronts whereas the LM guy basically quiet (knowing P3D is merely an afterthought for his employer), and the FSW people, well that was a bit sad to watch, trying to compete with yet another hopelessly outdated FSX variant nobody needs or asked for. 

It's very satisfying to witness this turning point in FS history, there's no denying anymore that X-Plane will take the lead. Mobile, VR, crowdsourcing ect. - Laminar is performing in all areas, things are falling into place.

(Insert "still no seasons" crybaby comment.)

But still no seasons....  :(

• Upvote 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

After viewing all the Flightsimcon videos thus far XP  is way ahead of all the others and that wont change - I am glad I made the switch great things down the road for XP users also more and more developers jumping on board lately - going to be a great ride - huge thanks to Laminar :biggrin:

• Upvote 5

Rich Sennett

4 hours ago, Murmur said:

Is there someone kind enough to summarize the main points LR talked about in the two videos linked in this thread, for non native english speakers? I think I got most of what has been said, but probably I missed out something. :smile:

G1000.

Vulcan.

Landmarks.

New Autogen

New airport lego brick buildings, objects, etc...

VR.

Updated physics.

Rain effects on the road map.

AI and ATC improvements coming.

Ground shaking fixed.

New API plugin.

Blender and WED update.

• Upvote 2

Eric Escobar