Sign in to follow this  
strider1

Xplane Q And A With Austin Meyer

2 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Have people with the ground issues tried increasing the flight models per frame?

It's something I thought about, so, I use 3 fmpf. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help, but I'll try with 4, or the higher my machine sustains, compensating with lower graphics settings.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Too much weathervaning (compounded by the wet runway in that video) causes that. However some person should have complained to Austin about that at flightsimcon!

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

6 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Have people with the ground issues tried increasing the flight models per frame?

I've tried that, and it didn't make any difference at all.  My framerates are totally fine with XP, as I'm running an overclocked GTX 1080.

Is there anyone who does not have ground issues with X-Plane 11 small GA aircraft?

I was under the impression that overly done weathervaning  was a core issue, and not a hardware specific issue.

• Upvote 1

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

7 hours ago, Arwen said:

tI've tried that, and it didn't make any difference at all.  My framerates are totally fine with XP, as I'm running an overclocked GTX 1080.

Is there anyone who does not have ground issues with X-Plane 11 small GA aircraft?

I was under the impression that overly done weathervaning  was a core issue, and not a hardware specific issue.

@Arwen, I believe carbon was referring to the fact that running the sim at a higher number of "flight models per frame" as the GUI puts it since XP9, might help with an eventual dependency of the ground physics on a more fine FDM time  grid... Of course the faster the PC the more you can push this parameter keeping your preferred graphics settings, without affecting FPS that much

I noticed it has less impact in XP11 than it had in previous iterations of X-Plane.

@Murmur, what puzzles me is that Austin, who always talks like his creation is the "ultima realism" in flight dynamics, and even more happens to fly for real too, can't notice this, just as he apparently could not regarding the torque bug... which lasted for almost a decade!

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

@Arwen, I believe carbon was referring to the fact that running the sim at a higher number of "flight models per frame" as the GUI puts it since XP9, might help with an eventual dependency of the ground physics on a more fine FDM time  grid... Of course the faster the PC the more you can push this parameter keeping your preferred graphics settings, without affecting FPS that much

I understand that. But setting a higher number of "flight models per frame" is less effective when you're able to run the sim at a higher frame rate.  Running 1 flight model/frame at 50 fps gives pretty much the same results as running 2 fight models/frame at 25 fps.  Except that I'm pretty sure that the ground handling will be worse at 25fps, due to lag.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE