Sign in to follow this  
stripealipe

FSDreamTeam offer!

44 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I don't see FSDT doing that anytime soon. We know how they are. Many perfectly running sims have been broken by FSDT scenery, LOL.

Yeah, I think you'd have to have it or some parts of it for GSX to work.  Still, it might mean less problems if he'd decouple the airports from it. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

But what's the main reason to stick with coutl engine? What are the benefits of that, if any? Seems like there's more cons than pro to having it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I wish PMDG would have a sale....that if they even know the meaning of that word. 

Great deal from FSDT... wish I could take advantage of it.

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I missed the news about Flightbeam dropping Coutl, That is fantastic news i'm going to do some research on it now, but anyone have any quick facts on the subject, is NZAA and KPDX going to be the first without the engine or are there airports already released.

I have to admit i bought KIAD & KDEN together and i love them but i didnt know until i installed them they used Coutl so i didn't buy anymore even though i want all of there products 

EDIT:: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2478 found the info 

Edited by stephenbgs
Information update
  • Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

It's not out yet but FlightBeam updated there page to show KMSP. :) 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

They have a true monopoly with their airports, no other payware competitor seems to be interested to build them. But maybe it's not even possible because they hold licence aggrements with the regarding airports? Somehow fishy if you ask me, because they're supporting almost only US airports and of course only the most frequented airports in the world...

Would love to see some US airports from FlyTampa. I bet FSDT would not sell any of them anymore, because of the way theyre coded and look like.

Licence problems are for example related to Gulfstream aircrafts. Thats because we will never see them. They just dont want it,  even freeware devs got already cease and desist orders from them. As soon as they had reached a more professional state.

• Like 1

I currently have FSDT KSFO, but noticed FlightBeam also have a version.

What versio is better for P3D?

1 hour ago, flyerboy said:

Both are great developers, but FlightBeam is better in my opinion. And their version of KSFO is amazing.

Edit....my bad, FSDT does not have a KSFO scenery. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 hour ago, flyerboy said:

You seem confused.  Where did you get an FSDT KSFO?  FSDT does not sell a KSFO San Francisco.  Flightbeam has the KSFO, and I'm glad they are going to get rid of Coutl for all of their other Flightbeam products too.

And as soon as Fly Tampa releases their new KLAS, I'm removing the FSDT KLAS too.  Over 4 years to update a new terminal on it?  The answer always being, "We'll get around to it as soon as we can."

Not with my money anymore.  What they did to my P3Dv3 installation that worked perfectly before I ran their new P3Dv4 installers sealed the deal for me.  No warning whatsoever that the installers would update my P3Dv3 installation so I couldn't use the Scenery Library GUI for their products anymore.  I've had enough with them too.

Just my personal opinion.

Bye-bye. 

• Upvote 1

Rick Ryan

Flightbeam dumping the couatl engine? Interesting. Expect frame rates to tank on their sceneries after that happens. Although, I agree with their decision. The only bright spot about the couatl engine is that it runs outside the sim. FSDT's python script is nothing but trouble. Also, I am sick of being used for a beta-tester for their software.

hasta la vista,

Edited by Jazzfan
correct some spellin' mistakes.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see no evidence of this sale, link please.

spacer.png

Where did you guys hear that Flightbeam is not going to use the COUTAL software? Link please?

I used to be hard on FSDT for that COUATL thingi, primarily because it used to be give me grief and second, it disables one of the features I use.. Replay. 

But FSDT couatl has been working pretty flawlessly lately and FSDT has been giving us free updates (not unlike Fly Tampa) from FSX , to P3D v2 to v3 to v4. So I give virtuali a thumbs up!

In any case, I just bought the Charlotte and Memphis. 

Need a flightbeam sale.. I want that Washington DC and MSP! :)

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

38 minutes ago, Manny said:

Where did you guys hear that Flightbeam is not going to use the COUTAL software? Link please?

I used to be hard on FSDT for that COUATL thingi, primarily because it used to be give me grief and second, it disables one of the features I use.. Replay. 

But FSDT couatl has been working pretty flawlessly lately and FSDT has been giving us free updates (not unlike Fly Tampa) from FSX , to P3D v2 to v3 to v4. So I give virtuali a thumbs up!

In any case, I just bought the Charlotte and Memphis. 

Need a flightbeam sale.. I want that Washington DC and MSP! :)

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2478

This link was posted a couple of posts above yours. It does say edited, so not sure if it was added after you replied.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Thanks for the responses.

Silly me, it turns out that I do have the flightbeam KSFO.  Guess I was getting mixed up with fly tampa!!

I also have KLAS but agreed, they still have the old terminal and flew it just before, looking very dated!!

Been in the game for 20 years and still get confused time to time haha