Sign in to follow this  
stripealipe

FSDreamTeam offer!

Just a heads up that FSDreamTeam have a sale on at the moment. KCLT is pretty damn amazing and there's plenty more cool airports on offer there too. You get a discount for bulk buys plus the 50% off if you also purchase KCLT at full price. Details on their site...

I have all the FSDT stuff except KCLT.... and I just heard from Umbreto that the reason the landing lights do not work in v4 at KMEM is because it is outdated and needs an update.  Odd since this is one of their newest locations and none of the others have this problem.  The FSDT support just sucks, awful. So glad that Flightbeam is dumping Virtuali and couatl altogether.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Dan Downs KCRP

+1 for Flightbeam dumping Couatl!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1 hour ago, stripealipe said:

Just a heads up that FSDreamTeam have a sale on at the moment. KCLT is pretty damn amazing and there's plenty more cool airports on offer there too. You get a discount for bulk buys plus the 50% off if you also purchase KCLT at full price. Details on their site...

Yeah, it's been in the bargain hunter's forum for about  10 days already...

Tip: You can also get them at PCAVIATOR on Tuesdays for an extra 10% discount, and if you have one of the codes they send via e-mail, that's another $5 off... Sweet deals...

Nice - thanks... didn't know that.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Any idea why Paypal blocks my purchase through the FSDreamTeam website?  Tried to buy KCLT and KMEM last week and PayPal told me:

"To comply with government regulations, PayPal is required to review certain transactions. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review only involves this transaction and does not affect the use of your PayPal account."

The next day PayPal "reversed" the transaction after review.  Tried the purchase again and the exact same result.

First time in well over a decade of using PayPal I ever ran across this.  I'm still confused honestly.

I did really enjoy the demo of KCLT (as it's my home airport where I live).

Have you tried contacting PayPal or your bank/credit card company regarding this? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Sounds a bit odd... contact Paypal and FSDT and see what they say i guess?

2 hours ago, downscc said:

I have all the FSDT stuff except KCLT.... and I just heard from Umbreto that the reason the landing lights do not work in v4 at KMEM is because it is outdated and needs an update.  Odd since this is one of their newest locations and none of the others have this problem.  The FSDT support just sucks, awful. So glad that Flightbeam is dumping Virtuali and couatl altogether.

What part of the landing lights do not work? I just checked KMEM at night and the landing approach lights seemed to be working fine?

Dont forget to try before you buy! FSDreamteam is so nice and offers free trial of every of their airports. Just download and install it and test it, you have a few minutes to try everything out normally.

Yeah, figure PayPal is who I need to contact.  Just haven't had a chance yet... got a baby on the way in a few weeks and a wife in heavy nesting mode ha.  With the few spare minutes I get I'd rather be flying the sim rather than dealing with support issues :biggrin:

Was just curious if anyone else had their FSDT purchase flagged.  I've since used my same PayPal account elsewhere to pick up a few items without issue on other sites.

2 hours ago, be77solo said:

Any idea why Paypal blocks my purchase through the FSDreamTeam website?  Tried to buy KCLT and KMEM last week and PayPal told me:

"To comply with government regulations, PayPal is required to review certain transactions. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review only involves this transaction and does not affect the use of your PayPal account."

The next day PayPal "reversed" the transaction after review.  Tried the purchase again and the exact same result.

First time in well over a decade of using PayPal I ever ran across this.  I'm still confused honestly.

I did really enjoy the demo of KCLT (as it's my home airport where I live).

I tried purchasing KCLT and 2 other airports last Wednesday. Paypal sent me the same email and also refunded my transaction about 24 hours later.  I am so done with Paypal! 

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed foul language

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Usually when there are this types of Paypal problems the seller had to many chargebacks in the past or other problems with the bank account to Paypal account in - etc. Swiss is known for their questionable banking system in the world. So maybe thats because Paypal is careful until they clear some things out?

Also when the seller usually gets not so much income on his Paypal account and due to the off-sale right now he get tremendous amounts in a very short period of time.

So I would contact FSDreamteam also if they Paypal account is "still fine" and working...

Flightbeam is dropping coutl engine? That is awesome news! What about FSDT? I hope they will also do away with godawful engine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, stripealipe said:

I just checked KMEM at night and the landing approach lights seemed to be working fine?

The approach and runway lights work fine.... I said the landing lights (implied aircraft lights) don't work, there is no light splash on the pavement from landing, taxi, taxi turn, navigation or strobe lights. Nada.

Dan Downs KCRP

28 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Flightbeam is dropping coutl engine? That is awesome news! What about FSDT? I hope they will also do away with godawful engine.

I don't see FSDT doing that anytime soon. We know how they are. Many perfectly running sims have been broken by FSDT scenery, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro