Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

New Simulator from Flyinside Announced!

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

You have to remember that P3D is essentially a military mission training sim which LM have made a little more widely available to other users, probably so they have a lot of people kind of 'beta testing it for them' as much for any other reason. When you keep in mind that military and professional users will not balk at the cost of using it with actual physical hardware cockpits, there is a lot less of a reason for LM to make it VR-capable for those who are its real intended market.

I have to disagree with this. The military market covers a broad range of clients from countries like the US to developing nations in the third world. Small tech solutions are all in vogue these days and VR has the potential for a much wider application to emerging markets.

On 11/6/2017 at 4:56 PM, pmb said:

My prediction for the medium-term: Prepar3D and XP  will stay with us with roughly the same share they have had so far. Both might give a few per mille or even one or two per cent to AeroflyFS. That's it. Recall Nexgenflightsim?

In the long run it's the user deciding their future, not conference talks.

Kind regards, Michael

The project Nexgenflightsim is dead? the website is offline http://nexgenflightsim.com/

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

It's been offline for weeks now.  Do you have another conclusion? That's after they were unable to show or at least discuss anything sensible for a year or so but referred to the big deals they are making behing the scenes VERY secretly.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

And to think, their simulator name, Ersatz-Plane was so catchy.

I just watched the FSCON FlyInside clip linked earlier in this thread and personally I think this might become a very real competitor to the other simulators on the the market.

Of course time will tell but I got a good feeling watching the presentation and I've already seen what these guys are capable of being a happy user of FlyInside for P3D which is a piece of software that I was really impressed by from day 1 I started using it!

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they surprised all of us including the rest of the market with something really good with great potential for further improvement. Both made by themselves but also external add-on developers.

Maybe this will be the new platform many of us have been waiting for for so long.

Richard Åsberg

Many of us within this community.

Did you ever hear someone in here wishing for a new platform built from scratch that will allow you to take full advantage of your powerful hardware and at the same time get rid of many of the limitations in the current platforms?

Richard Åsberg

No software vendor builds anything from scratch. Much of what they do is also limited by the OS's  capabilities  and the video driver. And like LM, they often utilize third party libraries.

The above situation is probably  the reason that ANYONE thinks they can build a new flight simulator  app. Get ready for the Flight  Simulator  Tower of  Babel  crisis.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

No software vendor builds anything from scratch. Much of what they do is also limited by the OS's  capabilities  and the video driver. And like LM, they often utilize third party libraries.

The above situation is probably  the reason that ANYONE thinks they can build a new flight simulator  app. Get ready for the Flight  Simulator  Tower of  Babel  crisis.

I think you are taking the comment too literally. It is undoubted that the flyinside sim has been coded in a totally different way with a strong ethos towards VR. I don't think anyone is suggesting anything else. However due to the time scales involved, I agree that undoubtedly the physics has been purchased from elsewhere and there must be an underlying existing flight engine involved somewhere (FSX perhaps?). However, if they have bolted onto that a completely different graphics engine then I think that is good enough for me to qualify for the "built from scratch" comment.

I don't think limitations in the OS nor video drivers has been the main reason for developers such as HiFi having to think out of the box more than once or for the developers of the Q400 to come up with an external module in order to simulate the flight model in a more realistic way just to mention a few examples.

Richard Åsberg

News of this new simulator? It has been more than a month since the announcement appeared and since nothing more.

Dominique un Français 

Citation

December 2017 availability though that is always a moving target. I'd like to know the engine. FSX engine is old which LM has tried to modify and eventually come up with a 64 bit platform. But it's essentially the same engine.  Wonder if this, like AF2, have their own engine built from 64 bit scratch.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb