Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

New Simulator from Flyinside Announced!

LOL!
My thoughts exactly. Creating a new simulator is quite an undertaking...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 minutes ago, ohsirus said:

Do we really need another one?

No.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I think DTG must be almost crying. They probably expected to enter an almost empty market! Instead, suddenly everyone and their dog is announcing a sim.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

LOL! Good point... Well, if DTG truly intend of implementing TrueSky into FSW, they might have en edge... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Quite an undertaking.  I wish they would just fix their current software.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I think DTG must be almost crying. They probably expected to enter an almost empty market! Instead, suddenly everyone and their dog is announcing a sim.

All of the sims on the market today were there when DTG entered. Infact they have the largest sim on the market in FSX Steam. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

7 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

All of the sims on the market today were there when DTG entered. Infact they have the largest sim on the market in FSX Steam

I consider their entry to be the announcement of Flight School and DTG sim several years ago. That would remove both Aerofly FS 2 and this new sim, and I presume P3D was never expected to be direct competition.

Not to even mention Aerosofts thingy, which I forget the name of, and X-planes sudden surge, also into a direct competitor which I wouldn't have placed it as back then, when it was much more of an also-ran than now.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As far as I know, there has not been a simulator that has yet been built from the ground up to be for VR? I also have issue that in 2017 there are no simulators that visually look fantastic out of the box, and rely on multiple pay ware to get the look you expect (AF2 being the only exception that may address some of those issue) So looking at the Flyinside proposal, I do think there is plenty of room for another simulator!

It is clear to me that unless you have a full scale replica cockpit then VR is by far the most imersive experience you can have flying and generally most of the flight simulators are either completely ignoring it or currently giving some real half assed efforts to support it. In stark contrast most driving simulators have been universally supporting it natively for some time. The current handful of flightsims are almost like an old men's club who cannot understand this new fangled VR stuff. I think P3D V4 is a prime example. I cannot believe that they did so little in VR for the release. In essence they added an Icon in VR, which is so poorly implemented you wouldn't even call it an alpha feature!

So yeah, plenty of room for another simulator, especially it it helps move away from the flat screen. However, I do have reservations. Its a big jump to create a whole new flight sim, so I haven't really got hopes it will be a competent as current simulators... but i do hope it pushes the current devs to pull their fingers out to get VR support well on their simulators.

• Upvote 1

I really reccomend that you take a look at the flyinside presentation at FSCon. It explains the performance problems with current gen simulators and the depth of thought they are putting into VR. It also shows a demo of the game that visually looks to me better than stock P3D, running on a laptop that has "less than half the power of a 1060".

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150872497

I'd also like to take this opportunity to announce my new Sim! Available summer 2017!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NZ255 said:

I'd also like to take this opportunity to announce my new Sim! Available summer 2017!

LOL. That about summarizes the "state" of flight sim industry. This reminds me of what happened when the US first deregulated the airlines. There was an explosion  in the numbers of budget airlines (remember People  Express?), as every "entrepreneur" jumped into the market. But after the market became saturated, the number of airlines contracted drastically. Now, four airlines have most of the US  market (Southwest, United, American  and Delta) and I wouldn't be  surprised  to see some of the remaining smaller airlines swallowed  up.

• Upvote 1

My prediction for the medium-term: Prepar3D and XP  will stay with us with roughly the same share they have had so far. Both might give a few per mille or even one or two per cent to AeroflyFS. That's it. Recall Nexgenflightsim?

In the long run it's the user deciding their future, not conference talks.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, flibberflops said:

The current handful of flightsims are almost like an old men's club who cannot understand this new fangled VR stuff. I think P3D V4 is a prime example. I cannot believe that they did so little in VR for the release. In essence they added an Icon in VR, which is so poorly implemented you wouldn't even call it an alpha feature!

You have to remember that P3D is essentially a military mission training sim which LM have made a little more widely available to other users, probably so they have a lot of people kind of 'beta testing it for them' as much for any other reason. When you keep in mind that military and professional users will not balk at the cost of using it with actual physical hardware cockpits, there is a lot less of a reason for LM to make it VR-capable for those who are its real intended market.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here