One can only hope that AMD continues refining the Ryzen line so that we can again have a more competitive marketplace.  Intel having to work harder for our dollars is always a good thing.

Greg

i am really considering buying this cpu when it comes out, at 5ghz i bet it will run both x-plane and p3d maxed out with a 1080ti, i can almost max x-plane 11 out with my 7700k

When is 7900x release date? I tried to google, but i didnt find any clear date..
Im thinking to buy this also.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

I'm more interested in the 7820x as it's only $600 and not $1000.  Those extra 2 cores won't do anything for gaming in the next decade.  The additional PCI-e lanes the 7900x offers over the 7820x will only help if you run multiple graphics cards AND mutliple PCI-e NVME cards so I'm not too worried about that either.  Glad to see Der8auer got Skylake-X up to 5GHz with off-the-shelf cooling.  The rumor that came out of Computex was that they were only hitting 4.3GHz, which was hugely disappointing.