Sign in to follow this  
Piotr007

Strange issue between sceneries P3D V4 (ORBX related?)

Hi guys,

I bought FTX Global and installed it. I also have some custom scenery. Unfortunately my Eindhoven freeware scenery does not show up properly. I get double airports when inside P3D V4. So one airport is overlapping another one and also the placements are mismatched (airliners standing in the terminal etc.).

I tried to change load order in scenery library. Testing is getting annoying because of the CTD's that occur when making changes to the scenery library.

Any help on this issue possible?

Thanks.

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Sounds like you may need to search for duplicate airport .bgl's files then rename them with the .off extension.

Cheers

Martin

10 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Sounds like you may need to search for duplicate airport .bgl's files then rename them with the .off extension.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

I know. This occurred with some UK2000 sceneries as well in the past. But this was only due to some ORBX airports that had to be disabled, like EGSS Stansted for example.

The strange thing is that I have EHEH (Eindhoven) which is not a seperate airport by ORBX. This is somehow interfering with the stock airport BGL. I do not know why exactly. Maybe someone could help me with this?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

ORBX Regions often include upgraded airports too, go get scruffyduck software  simple airport scanner and check for duplicates - er scratch that, don't think it yet supports V4

If you install an airport regardless of who makes it and there is also a default airport of the same, sometimes the "new" airport installation does not disable the default .bgl and you will have the appearance of duplicate airports.

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

ORBX Regions often include upgraded airports too, go get scruffyduck software  simple airport scanner and check for duplicates - er scratch that, don't think it yet supports V4

If so, I am craving for it. So you say ORBX has many upgraded airports for even default ones? APX49130 is EHEH in P3D world scenery folder, but I cannot relate that to one in ORBX folder.

2 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

If you install an airport regardless of who makes it and there is also a default airport of the same, sometimes the "new" airport installation does not disable the default .bgl and you will have the appearance of duplicate airports.

Exactly. But I fiddled around with it. Sometimes it occurs that the airport loads just fine, but then another issue arises, eliminating all autogen in the tile around the airport.

There are some airports that are working in V3 that used older FS9 BGLs.  LM warned devs not to do that but they did still work. Now it is changed in V4 support is cut for FS9 stuff. Airport may need to be reworked.

Here are some screenshots:

X2gURdP.jpg

V3WFnkN.jpg

Pre FTX I managed to get it to work. Now it somehow screws things up. It is my home airport, that is the reason why I am quite bothered by this.

EDIT:

I just saw: OBX49130.

So this is the improvement file! I removed it to different folder. I will check if it helped.

BLAST!

It only removed the terminal. What the hell is going on.

You must have duplicate bgl somewhere which is causing this, that is the only thing I can think of?