Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

flc and vnav working ?

Are flc and vnav working  ? and the direct-to function ? I have the meridian and direct-to deletes all the flightplan :(

FLC works, but it's unstable.  I would suggest using V/S mode to establish yourself at the correct speed before engaging FLC.

Same issue with Direct-To...you're going to see that with all Carenado add-ons. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:09 AM, MindYerBeak said:

Are flc and vnav working  ? and the direct-to function ? I have the meridian and direct-to deletes all the flightplan :(

I asked Carenado about any improvements for the P1A and they came back with "improved the FLC and VNAV".  Sounds encouraging,

I will check it out thoroughly in the Avsim review flight notes. 

I didn't ask specifically about any single item, but their idea of Direct To and mine is possibly still at odds.  The last time I reviewed one of the Carenado models it was still going to the next waypoint and then vectoring to where I asked it to go - not a direct path from where I selected DTO.  duh.

I will pay special attention to this also.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

"improved FLC and VNAV" worries me some. I have a few carenado planes and  flc is messed up in all of them.Not sure what Carenado mean by "improved". Let us know what you find out.

Thanks

Well, hopefully 'Improved" in this case means working better, maybe even working correctly.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

FLC and FMS are still the usual... buggy etc etc.  In a real PL21 aircraft, you should be able to be climbing and press FLC (and of course AP master), and it will hold the bugged speed.  You may have to push to sync your climb speed but it will climb all the way up to whatever is in your altitude window.  With Carenado planes, you're never sure if ALTS is going to work (ie altitude will be captured).  In ANY vertical mode, the AP will not command a climb above the dialed in alt or will not descend below any alt dialed in.

VNAV working?  lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One problem is the IAS/Mach transition never works correctly with their FLC. It won't hold a Mach number, it merely holds the IAS when you transition to Mach. The IAS should decrease with altitude, while the Mach remains constant. Probably has something to do with the stock FS AP, that they can't find a workaround for. FS has always relied on "autothrottle" to accomplish this task, and that is an incorrect application of how FLC works.

2 hours ago, eelb said:

One problem is the IAS/Mach transition never works correctly with their FLC. It won't hold a Mach number, it merely holds the IAS when you transition to Mach. The IAS should decrease with altitude, while the Mach remains constant. Probably has something to do with the stock FS AP, that they can't find a workaround for. FS has always relied on "autothrottle" to accomplish this task, and that is an incorrect application of how FLC works.

You're right...the Mach bug itself is not re-calculating with altitude.  If you "bump the knob" after climbing a bit, you'll see the bug jump.  I think it's Carenado's code, though...FLC was a custom mode they wrote.  I'll submit a ticket on it and you should, too!

Guest JetFueler
On 6/17/2017 at 2:45 PM, ryanbatcund said:

FLC and FMS are still the usual... buggy etc etc.  In a real PL21 aircraft, you should be able to be climbing and press FLC (and of course AP master), and it will hold the bugged speed.  You may have to push to sync your climb speed but it will climb all the way up to whatever is in your altitude window.  With Carenado planes, you're never sure if ALTS is going to work (ie altitude will be captured).  In ANY vertical mode, the AP will not command a climb above the dialed in alt or will not descend below any alt dialed in.

VNAV working?  lol

Just moving the altitude know seems to engage ALTS so I've gotten in the habit of going up and back down a tick on the ALT knob once I'm established in my climb or descent to make sure it got the ALTS message.  Haven't blown an altitude since I started doing that.  It's all idiosyncratic at the best of times but once you learn the quirks it's not so bad.  I've been using FLC for climbs and switching to VS about FL180 and I've been using VS only for descents.  I don't mess with VNAV since its implementation is incredibly rudimentary and if there are waypoints between your TOD and your first constraint you are in for a world of irritation.

Quirks.. sums up most of their products' avionics hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I own a lot of Carenado's aircraft and for the most part enjoy then, but EVERYONE of them has had some kind of modification from the flight sim community, and it's those mods that have made them more realistic and enjoyable to fly. Wish Carenado would pay more attention to detail...

Cheers

Martin 

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

I own a lot of Carenado's aircraft and for the most part enjoy then, but EVERYONE of them has had some kind of modification from the flight sim community, and it's those mods that have made them more realistic and enjoyable to fly. Wish Carenado would pay more attention to detail...

Cheers

Martin 

Same here.  It's frustrating sometimes, but the other side of that coin is that if they worked under a different M.O. they wouldn't produce anywhere near as many aircraft and we wouldn't have the selection of GA and corporate aircraft that we do.

I've learned a lot about flight dynamics and gauge coding, thanks to them :laugh: .

FMS database finally loaded with Coronado's customer support - they sent a new Carenavigraph.dll file.

So now I can spend 20 mins entering Flt plans with STARS and SIDS only to have the MFD and the AP/NAV not recognize a thing. The Premier is a great aircraft but what is the secret to getting the autopilot to work????  No GPS, no NAV.... I tried adding the GTN 750 as a popup but the FMS doesn't recognize it.

So far I've been able to tweak on my Carenado / Alabeo products to get them very fun and flyable. The Baron, Arrow, and really like the C441 and 310R. But the biz Jets seem buggy.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector