Sign in to follow this  
navyman51

RC4 and PMDG B747-400 V3

Hi Guys, I have been using RC since it was first published with little or no problems.

How ever since I purchased the PMDG B747-400 v3 I have had problems. For example at Gatwick (UK2000) 

B747-400 and ASNEXT I start RC and select the ATIS and get the wx OK. If I then select Clearance I hear nothing.

If I continue the flight I sometimes hear a transmission from RC for ex Contact London Control, FO calls control

but there is no answer. I also do not get any chatter files running.

I do not get the same problem running the PMDG B777 or the 737-800 NGX or MD11.

I am running FSX under Windows 7 after having the same problems under Windows 10. 

Hardware is Intel Core i5-3570k 3.40Ghz O/C 4.5Ghz 8Gb RAM Nvidia GTX660.

Any help would be much appreciated.

navyman51

Since your problem is primarily aircraft specific, I'd look for a key assignment conflict. Does the inflight menu recognize your keystroke? When you get ATIS is it ASNEXT delivering it on the radio or RC. Is RC tuning your radio OK?

Be sure your COM 1 is set correctly as RC only uses that. Check the 747 annunciator settings. Earlier versions of AS used COM 2 for delivery of weather during flight.

You should not be running the random prerecorded chatter.

Hi Ronzie, thank you for the fast response. You have given me some things to look at. 

Why do say to switch off the chatter files, that is one reason I like RC.

navyman

11 hours ago, navyman51 said:

Hi Ronzie, thank you for the fast response. You have given me some things to look at. 

Why do say to switch off the chatter files, that is one reason I like RC.

navyman

The random prerecorded chatter can slow audio performance significantly competing with active controller/pilot audio for the user aircraft and present ai chatter. In addition the random chatter files are are not altitude strata sensitive so if you are at 30,000 feet you may be hearing chatter at 3,000 feet. Normally chatter is filtered by the frequency you are tuned to. Prerecorded chatter is not sensitive to it.