Sign in to follow this  
navyman51

RC4 and PMDG B747-400 V3

Hi Guys, I have been using RC since it was first published with little or no problems.

How ever since I purchased the PMDG B747-400 v3 I have had problems. For example at Gatwick (UK2000) 

B747-400 and ASNEXT I start RC and select the ATIS and get the wx OK. If I then select Clearance I hear nothing.

If I continue the flight I sometimes hear a transmission from RC for ex Contact London Control, FO calls control

but there is no answer. I also do not get any chatter files running.

I do not get the same problem running the PMDG B777 or the 737-800 NGX or MD11.

I am running FSX under Windows 7 after having the same problems under Windows 10. 

Hardware is Intel Core i5-3570k 3.40Ghz O/C 4.5Ghz 8Gb RAM Nvidia GTX660.

Any help would be much appreciated.

navyman51

Are you letting RC tune the radios? Annunciator selection set for COM 1? Do you see on the COM selector sdisplay  the correct frequencies as ordered by ATC?

I am having the same problems but will try Ronzie's suggestion tomorrow and see.

One thing I did sort though, was that P3Dv4 has all the basic RC4 key strokes allocated already. So you need to delete 1,2,3,4,5 and all combinations of Ctrl+Shift+ (number) for anything

to have a hope of working.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

EDIT

I am on a flight now and with Ronzie's suggestion and the correct key strokes RC4 is working perfectly again with no missing calls.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Did not work for me but to clarify did you change the keys in radar contacts options or in P3D? And again this only happens with the 747.

PS if you changed radar contact what keys did you change to?

I carried over my RC keys from FSX and they did not work. I use Ctrl+Shift+1 ,2,3,4 etc.

These keys are in use in P3Dv4 and you need to delete or change them in P3Dv4. They are used in military aircraft or "vehicles" as LM calls them.

Once I did that the 747 works fine with RC4.

Hope this helps.

Sadly for some reason it worked last night now it's doing the same thing again but a little improved. Frustrating any other ideas? It's only with the 747.