Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

747 Autopilot disconnect sound warning

Hi guys,

I have no idea what went wrong this time but during my takeoff I disconnected the autopilot and since there I have the disconnect warning sound.
I already tried to disconnect the AP via moving with the joke or via the disconnect button bar but nothing is elishing the sound. 

Could someone help me? :D

Thanks! :)

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

4 minutes ago, LH747fan said:

Hi guys,

I have no idea what went wrong this time but during my takeoff I disconnected the autopilot and since there I have the disconnect warning sound.
I already tried to disconnect the AP via moving with the joke or via the disconnect button bar but nothing is elishing the sound. 

Could someone help me? :D

Thanks! :)

How'd you disconnect the AutoPilot? With the bar on the MCP or the button on the yoke? If it was the bar then put it back and reconnect the autopilot. Then disconnect via the button on the yoke. For the yoke option, try double clicking it and then clicking the master warn button, should solve it. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Have you tried to push again the yoke AP disconnect button again? First press disconnect the AP and the warning goes out. The second press within a second or two cancel the warning.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I clicked on the dot spot on the MCP next to the F/D during takeoff.
I wasn't sure or something like this and clicked again but the takeoff was already in progress.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png

Just to clear a doubt. Autopilot cannot be engaged on ground (and should not be engaged below 400ft on initial climb). What do you mean by disconnecting the AP during takeoff?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

1 minute ago, LH747fan said:

I clicked on the dot spot on the MCP next to the F/D during takeoff.
I wasn't sure or something like this and clicked again but the takeoff was already in progress.

That's the TOGA button if I'm not mistaken.

Just now, Budbud said:

Just to clear a doubt. Autopilot cannot be engage on ground (and should not be engaged below 400ft on initial climb). What do you mean by disconnecting the AP during takeoff?

Maybe TOGA or autothrottle?

Just now, MajesticVladimir said:

That's the TOGA button if I'm not mistaken.

Yes! Sorry :D TOGA...

I just turned off the warning sounds.
I tried with the TOGA disconnect button on the throttles but its not working to turn the warning sound off.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png

There is no TOGA disconnect button. I'm failing to get a clear picture of your issue.

On the thrust levers you have two TOGA buttons and two AT disconnect buttons. On the yoke you have as AP disconnect button. I believe the hidden clickspot on the MCP is for the TOGA (Left click) / AT disconnec (right click).

Can you please re-explain the sequence of what you clicked at what moment and what message was displayed on the upper EICAS?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Maybe I clicked left and right on the spot because it was written "AP disconnect".
But anyway: I will fly without the warning sound. As soon as I am landed I will reboot the 747 from cold and dark.

Thanks anyway

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png

1 hour ago, Budbud said:

What do you mean by disconnecting the AP during takeoff?

Intrigued me  as well.

There is no way you can disconnect the autopilot during take-off. It can't be connected in the first place until you are in the air.

You are talking about the Autothrottle.

Timm, please review the Introduction document and fly the Tutorial. Very important.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is no way you can disconnect the autopilot during take-off. It can't be connected in the first place until you are in the air.

It depends on the mode. I haven't had any problems engaging autopilot modes V/S, FLCH, HDG SEL and HDG HOLD on the real aircraft on the ground :wink: ... for test purposes only, of course... Not for normal operation. 

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)