Sign in to follow this  
tzombie

Problem with Chase Plane and the A2A C182 and Comanche

Hello;

Im having a problem with Chase Plane,after I installed A2A C182,and the Comanche,and started Chase Plane,I get this pop-up;

There was an error while processing the following aircraft. 

A2A_C182 (P3Dv3) - Unable to Access cfg file,
A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche (P3Dv3) - Unable to Access cfg file

Make sure you have sufficent permissions to write to this file.

I checked the folders,and I have permission for this,and also run as the administrator.The A2A Comanche does not have a problem installed by itself,no pop-ups,its only after I installed the C182,that I receive this pop-up for both aircraft.

I running Prepar 3D,V3,the latest version of V3.

Thank you;

Mark Wyckoff

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hello;

Thanks for the reply,went back to 2.50 Alpha version,no more pop-ups.

Thank s;

I've got the same issues but with the Beach Baron aswell as A2A c172.

The Milviz Beaver is also freezing up the cam so I can't make profiles.The error below.

I have chase plan installed on p3dv4.

There was an error while processing the following aircraft. PF2k_beech_baron_58 (P3Dv4)

- Unable to Access cfg file,A2A_C172 (P3Dv4)

- Unable to Access cfg file

57 minutes ago, Volkira said:

I have chase plan installed on p3dv4.

There was an error while processing the following aircraft. PF2k_beech_baron_58 (P3Dv4)

- Unable to Access cfg file,A2A_C172 (P3Dv4)

- Unable to Access cfg file

Same problem here. Went back to CP v2.5 but now it won't start because it cannot reach the CP servers... frustrating with this always connected @%*!.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Are you guys having this issue once or are you having it at every launch?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

13 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Are you guys having this issue once or are you having it at every launch?

Every start up I'm getting this cfg issue.I think it has to do with A2A,Milviz and others having their cfg in a different location.Some are inside the main Prepar3d folder,some cfg found in the documents/Prepar3dv4 addons folder.The one's that are in the Prepar3dv4 addons folder in documents also have a file pointing to them in the roaming folder in the addons cfg.Do you think the roaming folder is where Chase plane is requiring admin rights?

Also I'm having lots of issues in V4.

eg After changing aircraft in and out adding copied profiles to similar models after a while everything locks up.I have to restart both P3dv4 and Chaseplane.Then everything works fine transferring and modifying the profiles to fit each plane but again I'll go to load a new plane and it all locks up.Can take up to 6 to 10 aircraft changes to lock it up.Spending upto 30min modifying cam angles in between each change.

Other times it's hit and miss if the cams work or not.

What I mean is on load up at times no profile will work,no cam controls will work and then I restart it and it works.

I can also be mid editing some camera angles and the control of the cams freeze up.A restart solves the issue.

Sometimes P3Dv4 will start up then Chase Plane.Then I have Chase plan request I start up P3D and a scenario.With only preferences accessable.Restarting Prepar3d fixes the issue.

Just to add I've pretty much removed all cam and view options from the P3Dv4 control menu.So it aint a conflict.

Oh and I forgot to mention.

I cannot for the life of me get the Mouse look to work.I have tried everything.It just does not work in my game.

I removed all references to mouse controls in P3DV4 control UI.I have given control schemes to the Chase Plane control preferences.But Mouse look will not work at all.Pressing the middle mouse button does nothing.Pressing the mapped keys does nothing to trigger it to work.

Reinstalling Chase plane doesn't fix it.

I had the same issue. It was every time I started ChasePlane I would get the same notification. Went back to 2.5 and it seemed to fix it.

A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche (P3Dv4) - Unable to Access cfg file

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Same errors when stating CP with v4 and these three planes installed outside the sim environment.  Permission on the folder are for anyone to have full access so this should not be a permissions problem.

A2A_C172 (P3Dv4) - Unable to Access cfg file,
A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche (P3Dv4) - Unable to Access cfg file,
A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee (P3Dv4) - Unable to Access cfg file

Let me know guys if the latest build fixes the issue!
We did a few changes to that area of the code

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42