Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

When the flight becomes, just...real...

....gloriously, real;

XP 11 is now my prime flight simulator platform.  Ortho4XP, has opened up new worlds, and VFR experiences. Wow....

panthera_7.png

panthera_10.png

panthera_6.png

• Upvote 6

brilliant mitch :)

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

X-Plane 11 is simply the BEST !!!!!

Forget about everything else, if you have the space and processing power for the Orthos

OOps!  Don't read my Sig...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Very nice and clean indeed! Now make sure you get your chores done though.

Bob

It would be amazing if XP 11 default had weather depiction like xEnvio & default ground textures like those out of the box. In other words, to have the option to only download the areas you want. Can these areas be shared by the community?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Are there any Orthos for the Moon phases ?

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks guys...and here is the shooting to final, and then arrival...time for brunch...the wife already bolted from the passenger side...wanting coffee..:)

BTW. bit of cross wind gusts, just over the middle marker...via xEnviro :)

panthera_11.png

panthera_12.png

panthera_13.png

panthera_14.png

panthera_16.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

brilliant mitch :)

Thank you!  It was a fabulous flight, all round. :)

Hey, what is eating up your frames? Looks like your getting about 19-21 or so. Is it the plane? 

Bob

21 minutes ago, N1G said:

Very nice and clean indeed! Now make sure you get your chores done though.

Bob

Way too hot, Bob...the Detroit area is supposed to push into the 90's today with the humidity....I can slouch off, 'cause of that...and THIS is where I'm hanging out today...snooping around my Ortho and sticking in the Den...lol!

2 minutes ago, N1G said:

Hey, what is eating up your frames? Looks like your getting about 19-21 or so. Is it the plane? 

Bob

Yep...the glass cockpit sucks up power...but I had no stutter...I never get any type of stutter in XP11 even down to 15 FPS!  I just have the FPS meter on, for my own curiosity on how hard the system is banging away...but stutter, as you see in FSX and P3D?  Not a bit of it...FPS are not a deal breaker in XP11....even down to 15!

The Panthera, is a deep-level instrument cockpit..., there are more functions and options available to you, then Carter has pills...:)

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

Way too hot, Bob...the Detroit area is supposed to push into the 90's today with the humidity....I can slouch off, 'cause of that...and THIS is where I'm hanging out today...snooping around my Ortho and sticking in the Den...lol!

Me too, 90 or so today here too, and the humidity requires a full body dip in talcum powder  

26 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It would be amazing if XP 11 default had weather depiction like xEnvio & default ground textures like those out of the box. In other words, to have the option to only download the areas you want. Can these areas be shared by the community?

Unfortunately, not DJ. Everyone has to be responsible for their own Ortho generation.

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yep...the glass cockpit sucks up power...but I had no stutter...I never get any type of stutter in XP11 even down to 15 FPS!  I just have the FPS meter on, for my own curiosity on how hard the system is banging away...but stutter, as you see in FSX and P3D?  Not a bit of it...FPS are not a deal breaker in XP11....even down to 15!

Well I do get a little stutter but not even close to issues I had with P3D. I use quite a bit of autogen with the overlay, and still very nice. 

23 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Are there any Orthos for the Moon phases ?

Not too sure...I guess if there are any .jpg atmospheric captures...:)