Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

When the flight becomes, just...real...

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yep...the glass cockpit sucks up power...but I had no stutter...I never get any type of stutter in XP11 even down to 15 FPS!  I just have the FPS meter on, for my own curiosity on how hard the system is banging away...but stutter, as you see in FSX and P3D?  Not a bit of it...FPS are not a deal breaker in XP11....even down to 15!

The Panthera, is a deep-level instrument cockpit..., there are more functions and options available to you, then Carter has pills...:)

Yep, Carter has a sh##l##d of those. Takes a little time to load the nav stuff too. I found that out with the Eclipse.

6 minutes ago, N1G said:

Yep, Carter has a sh##l##d of those. Takes a little time to load the nav stuff too. I found that out with the Eclipse.

Yep...I have that bird (the 550) as well...love the SkyView..sold, hook, line, and sinker..have the Nav! :)))))

1 hour ago, N1G said:

Well I do get a little stutter but not even close to issues I had with P3D. I use quite a bit of autogen with the overlay, and still very nice. 

Bob, also, my XP11 settings across the board, are set, very demanding, visually speaking.  My Textures are at Max, and my AA, is 4xSSAA. World Objects is set to; High.

Bob, as you can see, it also depends on what plane you are flying...now here is the Baron, coming down from KCMD, and FPS right up there at 41 FPS, so...it all depends...

Baron_58_1.png

• Upvote 1

What the heck Mitch ??  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Mitch, mine are high also but one thing I noticed something that I thought was a little hard to believe.

I am running 16,19  ortho's, I think u are 17,19, but anyway, I get the same frame rate with the ortho's dry as I do with ortho's with max autogen overlay.  Not sure if that is contributed to my 1070 GPU, or my 6700k, or a little of both.

Bob

The ortho looks great.  In the end I do prefer to have objects, that 3D look.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Really amazing looking scenery Mitch!  I need to figure out how to set up Ortho4XP.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

If you use world2xp as well does that then add in autogen buildings etc?

14 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

If you use world2xp as well does that then add in autogen buildings etc?

Correct. Of course it depends on how well the specific area is currently covered in OpenStreetMap.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

5 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

What the heck Mitch ??  

I don't follow, Humpty?  That I was getting 41 FPS in the Baron?

4 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

The ortho looks great.  In the end I do prefer to have objects, that 3D look.

I have that...all those suburbs you see below, are all 3D.  Churches, 3D, light poles, highway lights..all of it, 3D, but, I was at 5,500 feet, where a lot of it is demure, upon the ground. At 2,800 feet which is my also-cruise, you can pick out the BBQ's in the back yard...lol.  Some areas where there are no OSM street info, there won't be overlay upon the ground...like for instance in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where I like to fly...you'll get what's really there...dense low-growth scrub, sage, and whatever...mosquito pools....but not tons of generated 3D. It all depends on where you are flying over, even in Ortho with a 3D road and auto-gen overlay. All depends....

Mitch

5 hours ago, N1G said:

Mitch, mine are high also but one thing I noticed something that I thought was a little hard to believe.

I am running 16,19  ortho's, I think u are 17,19, but anyway, I get the same frame rate with the ortho's dry as I do with ortho's with max autogen overlay.  Not sure if that is contributed to my 1070 GPU, or my 6700k, or a little of both.

Bob

Bob, my experience has been, if I run only my generated ortho, no overlays, I will pick up about 5-10 more FPS on average. (I run an FTW 1070 8GB as well...), than if I run with a full overlay on top of my ortho.  Having typed that, though...my ortho-world is a composite of different ortho generations, depending on where I am flying. Let me explain...

For areas that I fly over on a daily basis, or at least two times a month (that has been my set yard-stick...) I have generated those areas as zl17/19/2

For areas that connect between my most-flown areas, I have generated at zl16/19/2

For small foot-print landmass, such as islands of the Caribbean, I have generated at zl19

Some areas, of the PNW, (generated at zl17/19/2) are simply so beautiful, 'busy' and detailed in the sat capture, that I have no overlay generated at all.  I want to see the actual real-world 'cover' down to the nuts and bolts.  So, no overlay is needed. In fact, I think it takes away from even more 'real-world depth' to have autogen homes and buildings, placed over the actual photogenic capture within the sat shot.  Now this only goes down, if you generate at 17/18, or 19 zl.  It looks real...is real...and that's the plumb!

So Bob, for select areas...like the PNW, the Rockies...(with some tiles with overlay generated, like in the plains and valleys of the Sierra's...) I do a lot of mix 'n match of zl factors...overlay on, overlay off...back on...as I enter another tile's domain. 

I am really into this...and have sort of used Ortho4XP, as a paint pallet...with XP11, as my canvas. I am having the time of my flight simulating life with this...and I have never, never been as close to experiencing the real joy of flying from one point to another, as I have, since diving into ortho, fully committed.  

Bob, I simply can not fly any longer over fully synthetic looking library textures, landclass files, etc.  I fired up my FSX and P3D...and after a flight of a few minutes in the PNW...I shut down, and came whipping back to my ortho-generated area of the same, PNW.  It looks real...from rotate, to touch-down. FSX and P3D, simply no longer...

I am thinking of even deleting them from my system. I'm not flying them...even though I have into the thousand's of dollars invested.  They both, simply, don't look 'real' any more...not with comparing to my Ortho4XP generated scenery. I can't wait for that user-able ability to populate the world in high-def ortho, for AF2!!!!   Between XP11, and AF2....just look for me in that sky, mostly...lol.  I'll be there...waving my wings at ya...in salute! :)

Cheers,

Ortho-Mitch  

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

X-Plane 11 is simply the BEST !!!!!

Forget about everything else, if you have the space and processing power for the Orthos

OOps!  Don't read my Sig...

:biggrin:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, pugilist2 said:

Really amazing looking scenery Mitch!  I need to figure out how to set up Ortho4XP.

Hey Pug ;)....

There is about (for myself) a month's learning curve...and what I mean by that...is to have oneself maximize the creating-experience, and fully leverage the power of this program, to give you EXACTLY what you want...

Think of this program as paint...and your ortho-creation as the canvas...and this is a good analogy.   You can absolutely customize each tile to the nine's...and as you fly from one tile's domain, to another, shoulder-to-shoulder, it does NOT crash XP11.  You can fly from one very beautifully detailed, and 'busy' PNW location, on the coast, to an inland, where you might want to see animated roadways, cars, 3D structures....and you can do that. You can even 'dial in even greater, max detail'...by generating a 'custom' flight path between your departure and arrival airport. Here is an example of you applying 'paint'... to the canvas...

You decide to create a flight path, from KORS, to Las Vegas.  Ok...here we go...

Orcas is a most beautiful island chain... so you start your first tile on the map, at zl19 with no overlay for this tile.  There is so much real-world capture, cottage's, their docks, their boats...landscaping, etc...you don't want anything to obscure what really is to be flown over, so, no overlay generated for that tile.   Done.

You then are going to be approaching the mountains inland as you fly off of the coast. You decided to generate that area, at zl17/19/2 with overlays.   Done...

You now leave the mountains...and are flying over desert, on your way to Sin City.  You don't have a lot of stuff happening down there...so you decide to generate that part of the flight path, at zl16, with overlays. Done.

You just totally customized your entire flight experience, and visual cue expectations!  

So...enjoy...plan your flight...mix 'n match different elements of tile generation, No CTD's between such.  Just beautifully seamed, like a garment upon the ground...and you the tailor... :)

• Upvote 1

Anyway Mitch,

I think that it can look as good as AEFS2, but not better, specially when AEFS2 starts to get proper autogen, and night lighting ...

Maybe for AEFS3 we can also get Seasonal Textures, but I would really like to see at least a better weather engine in AEFS2, and in XP11, because

the weather visuals also bring a lot of realism to the scenes... and presently none of the sims does it right.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...