Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer not showing XML

Hi Oliver

After much adding XML's today, everthing shos in the SIM as normal. 

Now when I go into the tool it show no XMLs at all, not even the FSDreamTeam one.

All the tool shows is the scenery.cfg.

Other addons blank

Packages Blank.

Not sure what to do now

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Update...looks like if you delete a 'package'  then it deletes ALL entries in the Program data > add-on.XML

If you add the other entries back, then they show up in the UI  OK

The add-on.xml in 'AppData'  is empty

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

55 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

Update...looks like if you delete a 'package'  then it deletes ALL entries in the Program data > add-on.XML

If you add the other entries back, then they show up in the UI  OK

The add-on.xml in 'AppData'  is empty

I think that there is actually an error happening at some point, that prevents the add-ons.cfg from being fully written.

So as far as I understand, you deleted a package from that cfg - and then the file itself was empty? Did this not show immediately in the GUI?? 

I will look into that. Make sure to create backups frequently...

Best
Oliver

LORBY-SI

Thanks, yes I did

V94  importing the V3 scenery.cfg  went OK after making sure it was encoded correctly.

I will delete the 'imported scenery' XML  again and let you know what happens

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I am getting an error "Error when reading config file:...........

Input String was not in a correct format."

for an add-on.xml that I made for FreeMeshX. There is nothign wrong with the xml file that I can tell. It works fine in game.

The strange thing is that I only got his error after i converted the AddData addons.cfg to UCS-2 LE encoding. Before I did that, I had nothing show up in Addon Organizer under packages at all. Now at least 2 of the 9 addons I have show up, the first two in alphabetical order before the package that apparently has an error.

If I convert it bact to UTF-8, the Packages list is blank again. I am using 0.96

50 minutes ago, thestuntman said:

I am getting an error "Error when reading config file:...........

Input String was not in a correct format."

for an add-on.xml that I made for FreeMeshX. There is nothign wrong with the xml file that I can tell. It works fine in game.

The strange thing is that I only got his error after i converted the AddData addons.cfg to UCS-2 LE encoding. Before I did that, I had nothing show up in Addon Organizer under packages at all. Now at least 2 of the 9 addons I have show up, the first two in alphabetical order before the package that apparently has an error.

If I convert it bact to UTF-8, the Packages list is blank again. I am using 0.96

Hi,

With the incorrect encoding, the file wasn't read at all. Now that it is, you get the error - it was probably there all the time.

But it is practically impossible to diagnose this without seeing the files in question first hand. The error message is saying that it expected a number or a true/false value but it didn't get one. 

If you want, send me the contents of your add-ons.cfg file in a message here (no need to post them). Also be careful that the add-on.xml has the correct encoding too. The one that it says in the first line, the one with the <?xml tag.

P3D is very lenient with the files that it reads - the addon organizer is not. You can double check with the content error log that P3D writes.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Addons.cfg is (it is UTF-8)

[Package.0]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\RTMM
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\RTMM Libs
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.2]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AS2016
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.3]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\ChasePlane
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.4]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FreeMeshX
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.5]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Tongass Fjords
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.6]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\URP v1.1 for P3D v4
ACTIVE=false
REQUIRED=false
[Package.7]
PATH=E:\Josh\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Navid's Sky Texture Set 3
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

There is no encoding listed in the xml file

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>FreeMeshX</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>FreeMeshX</AddOn.Description>

</SimBase.Document>

As per the Learning Center docs.

The add-on.xml for FSDT' GSX does not have that information either.

I can add <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> and make sure that the encoding is UTF-8 and I still get the error.

What encoding is Addon Organizer expecting for add-ons.cfg? I have never modified this file manually other than testing now.

All the .cfg files of the simulator are in Unicode, they should not be changed to a different encoding. The Addon Organizer will only read them if they are Unicode too (= UCS-2 Little Endian).

A Parsed Entity should have a Text Declaration as per W3C specification. That means that it is not mandatory. But usually everyone does it, to avoid conflicts like the one that you are seeing (the Text Declaration is the "<?xml" line, which specifies the encoding).

Edit: btw. I had problems with that. When I leave out the text declaration, the simulator is no longer recognizing my add-on.xml files.

But that doesn't explain the error that you are seeing. Are you sure that it is the FreeMesh xml? Is that the whole content of that file?

Best regards

LORBY-SI