Sign in to follow this  
KenG

LJ35 and P3Dv4

Even with xmltools64 is anyone able to get the tip tanks to feed?

Hi Ken,

Not me - I've been holding off on v4 until I see this plane ported - honestly - I think I'm going to do a new build as well for v4 to really take advantage of it - it's time... LOL - autogen to the horizon sounds appealing providing the frames stay manageable...

Can you comment on the landing lights - any better in v4 or do they require work to take advantage of the new lighting system ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 2017-6-11 at 0:22 PM, KenG said:

Even with xmltools64 is anyone able to get the tip tanks to feed?

I thought fsj used xmltools for their configuration management tool, not to draw fuel from the tip tanks. (But I could be wrong )

I've tested xmltools64 on another vendor's aircraft and it appears to be working fine.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

6 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

you have the new load manager from the flysimware homepage?

All the "new" load manager does is include XMLTools 64. XMLTools 64 works fine, in fact, I was able to get it to feed to about 954 lbs left in the tip tank, but then even with the standby pumps on, I was unable to get the tip tanks to transfer any more fuel. I have not even tried the trunk tank.

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Ken,

Not me - I've been holding off on v4 until I see this plane ported - honestly - I think I'm going to do a new build as well for v4 to really take advantage of it - it's time... LOL - autogen to the horizon sounds appealing providing the frames stay manageable...

Can you comment on the landing lights - any better in v4 or do they require work to take advantage of the new lighting system ?

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

My CPU is more than enough for v4, in fact, it scales really nice. I do need to update my video card as my old GTX 770 is not nearly enough and is running at 99%. I think a GTX 1070 OC will give me the headroom I need. Right now I am easily able to stay above 40 fps and it spikes into the 60s. I am sure once I load things up some that will change, then again the next update is supposed to make better use of threads. (Core 0 is at 100% while the remaining cores loaf along at 30-40%)

Taxi and Landing lights on the LJ35 are very weak. I'd say the model needs to be recompiled with the v4 SDK to make it dynamic light compatible. That and they need to figure out the sound and fuel feed problems...

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the info - I'm still running an old i2700K @ 4.7Ghz with a top end GTX970... This setup works pretty well with P3Dv3 and the usual suspects of addons - sliders not maxed - so I may just try it with v4... I still have an old 4:3 monitor running 1200x1600 but I'm planning on adding a 21:9 at some point which means more pixels as well...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The sound and fuel dump gauges were not updated by their developer to 64 bit yet and therefor will not work in P3Dv4.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days