Sign in to follow this  
Nikita Kardash

FSX SE: Sounds playing causes brief lag

I have MSI ntel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, turbo boosted to 3.4 GHz, Nvidia 1070, 16GB RAM .FSX SE 

When flying planes like PMDG 777/747v3, Aerosoft, etc. I get micro stutters when ATC callouts are playing and when callous/ touchdown sounds are playing as well as some button and switches sounds. Its all random and happens randomly throughout the flight. It was not like that in the beginning when I installed FSX and the payware add-ons. I guess something must have happened. I use Nicks Nvidia profile inspector settings with V sync Off. Unlimited frames set.

Please Help

Thank you

You did not indicate a sound card or whether you are using the on-board sound.  A dedicated sound card might help.  In any case, you should make sure the drivers are up-to-date.  I use Driver Booster to update drivers for my hardware but there are many driver update programs.  The on-board sound drivers are frequently updated.  Go into sound settings and make sure your card is recognized.  Sound is not perfect in FSX or FSX-SE but you should not be seeing micro-stutters.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've noticed the same thing on my system.  From time to time, on an initial flight, when ATC initially plays, I've gotten micro-stutters as well.  It eventually goes away, as the flight progresses.

I also am using an on-board Realtek HD Audio driver and it also shows as being up to date.

I did notice that "Nvidia HD Audio" also appears under the Sounds tab in the Device Manager.  Could there possibly be some type of conflict? 

Also, perhaps it has nothing to do with the sound, but I've noticed micro-stutters when taking off and landing, when the aircraft is roughly around 200 Feet  or lower in altitude.  It's like the flightsim has to load something quickly, so freezes for a split-second, then continues normally. 

Alexander Alonso

Exaclty the same thing. AND I have Exactly the same Nvdia HD Audio driver and Realtek HD Audio Driver on board. Did you fix the problem by any chance? I tried disabling the Nvidia audio driver but same thing happens. I dont think its the confilct. If you have VLC player installed, try deleteing it. 

I haven't made a flight in a while.  Will try it again to see if still an issue. 

I'm not sure what VLC player is, though.

Alexander Alonso

Hi folks!  Long time, no post for me... :ohmy:

"Sounds playing causes brief lag" doesn't surprise me, especially nearing touchdown. A lot going on, loading sounds and animations not that are not already memory resident.

I remember long stutters whenever landing on a runway facing a big city skyline (e.g. KSEA RW 34*).  But with today's systems this may be greatly reduced or go unnoticed.