Sign in to follow this  
beechcaptain

How much more does V4 tax your system compared to V3.4

6 minutes ago, zemez said:

I`ve been fighting with this also.

I get extremely slow autogen loading with 4790k@4.7/1080gtx/16GBram

Terrain is nice and sharp, but autogen is missing, or the draw distance is very near and popping. 

Strange to see other having good performance while i struggle.

If you have affinity mask set, remove it. uncheck dynamic vegetation and lights. change texture_bandwidth_multi to a higher number I like 160

5 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

If you have affinity mask set, remove it. uncheck dynamic vegetation and lights. change texture_bandwidth_multi to a higher number I like 160

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm running a pretty stock CFG with settings dialed down a bit and have done everything else you've said with the exception of the TBM. I'll play with that a bit and see what happens.

8 hours ago, Manny said:

All  other things being constant, P3Dv4 taxes less on the system than P3Dv3

Moving from v3 to  v4 I feel my 4.5Ghz Intell went forward by 6 years in technology.  What I used to get 15FPS is now at 25-30FPS/. 

You may want to get a 1070GTX or better video card though.

This mirrors exactly what I am seeing. Where I got 15fps, I am now getting 25-30 and that includes increasing autogen density and distance.

Agree on changing your 750ti for a 1070. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

7 hours ago, garrett_frank said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm running a pretty stock CFG with settings dialed down a bit and have done everything else you've said with the exception of the TBM. I'll play with that a bit and see what happens.

I have more suggestions if that isn't fixing it. Turn off Nvidia shadercache, try locked fps at 30 if you use unlocked and visa versa, dynamic reflections and dynamic vegetation plus building shadows take up a lot of cpu cycles too.

The funny thing with my system was:

v4 lead under heavy load to "Asus Surge Protection" errors and shutdowns. Changed the PSU to 850w, now it's running fine.

P3Dv4 is the first program I am running that brings heavy load to both, CPU and GPU. "Normal" games do not use the CPU that much.

Of course that autogen draw distance will tax your CPU and performance

With P3Dv3 and draw distance 12000m overall autogen coverage is 452 square km. With max autogen draw distance - 30000m overall autogen coverage is 2826 square km.

At least if that value is radius not diameter. If it is diameter, then 113 sq.km in v3 and 706 sq. km in v4 and max AG draw distance. It is 6.25x more autogen to draw