Sign in to follow this  
Lofty01

Activation Failed

just re installed PTA on entering me serial im getting activation failed result unknown any ideas?

Guest dokken82

yep same here was working fine earlier and now it wont activate and yes i have paid for it! :)

Guest peteaj

Same here. Bought it yesterday and it was fine. Today it won't accept my code.

Guest dude4286

Same issue here. Waiting for a reply from the support team...

Guest Guest Markus

Yep same here. It has been working until today, when it wants the serial again, but won't accept it. Contact via their web page also failed.

This sort of nonsense can and will lose them support.

I'm having the same issue. Been using PTA for a couple of days. Now all of a sudden today I get an error message about "Activation Failed". PTA will not accept my code if I try to re-activate.

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Ok.. I just restarted PTA and now everything is working. I'll bet they are having trouble with their activation servers. Anyone else confirm its working now?

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Guest dokken82

yep can confirm it works for me now 

Guest Guest Markus
17 minutes ago, Bnash00 said:

Anyone else confirm its working now?

It is. But, a fairly simple app such as this should not have to connect each time you run the thing. Its making shader changes to the core code, LM's core code! and not had hundreds of hours of labor in texture work, flight models, et cetera, et cetera. Once again the legitimate customer is the one who suffers. I could have carried on using the free PTA to P3Dv4, but no, I bought the real thing and this is what happens. Time wasted!

If it does it again I going to PayPay for a refund, and back to the free version I go :(

Guest Dude4286

It's all good now. On my way to Sydney. 

Apologies guys,

Something went a little haywire with the server. It's all fixed now. I've increased the redundancy so that won't (pls don't hold me to that) happen again.

Thanks for your patience :)

Matt.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.