Sign in to follow this  
Lofty01

Activation Failed

PTA look nice, remind me a bit like reshade in X-Plane. I cannot get the pricing, it what me to register.

15 minutes ago, michelh said:

PTA look nice, remind me a bit like reshade in X-Plane. I cannot get the pricing, it what me to register.

Pricing is available on the purchase page after you register, it's £15/$18

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

I found that I had to right click the program (despite it have the little shield on it suggesting it runs as administrator) then activate it twice to make it keep the activation. Seems that when it loads for the first time it needs to write a config file. However, the activation screen comes up asking for activation and I guess preventing the writing of the config file. Thus when you try to use the software it thinks it is still not activated. Close and reopen the program put me into another do loop with activation. I finally broke the cycle by right-clicking and running as administrator and activating when it detected it was not activated then hitting activate a second time. Activating the second time seemed to do the trick and it finally wrote the config file and started working correctly. 

Not too hip about updating to 2.51 to have to go through all of this again...

Hmmm, mine is asking for activation each and every time i load it up. Unable to break the cycle with the above suggestions... any ideas?

I was getting the same after upgrading to 2.51, stuck in an activation loop. Activation would finish OK but it would not apply a preset (error was activation required). What fixed it for me was to set compatibility mode to Windows 7 on the PTA.exe file. I am running Windows 10.

In Windows Explorer right click on PTA.exe and select Properties. On the Compatibility tab check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" box and select Windows 7 from the drop down box. Also check the "Run this program as administrator" box. Click Apply at the bottom.

I think the issue was it was not able to write to the settings.res file.

I used to be a user of ENB Series for FSX then felt a bit lost for a long time with having nothing to enhance the shaders in P3D.  That was until I discovered PTA last yr.  Was so disappointed when it was announced it would not be made to work in P3D4.  Was so happy to hear you continued with its development Matt and was very happy to pay for it however this very incident many have experienced with activation has brought back to the forefront the very fear I had that the program activates each and every time you lose it...if the server goes down for whatever reason or even closes completely then all users can no longer use the product they have paid for.  I do appreciate you are protecting your I.P. but is there no way of generating a hardware ID like other authentication systems use so that activation is only required on installation?

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Hi,

I got this error:

Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Applying preset C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\PTA4\MattDavies_v1.1.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
   Applying [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Contrast tuning] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [FXAA quality] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

I've tried many times now and also with right click and run as admin. No luck...

Just bought it few minutes back. When I Run as Admin these came out :

Preset E:\LockheedMartinSoftware\GraphicEnhancer\pta_2.51\default.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.0.23 build 21468 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\mfn\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\mfn\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file F:\Lockheed Martin P3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file F:\Lockheed Martin P3D\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

11 hours ago, Lindbergh72 said:

Hi,

I got this error:

Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Applying preset C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\PTA4\MattDavies_v1.1.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
   Applying [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Contrast tuning] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [FXAA quality] to D:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

I've tried many times now and also with right click and run as admin. No luck...

Edit: Problem solved.

PTA keeps saying activation failed, just purchased not even an hour ago. even tried running as administrator. any help would be appreciated.  here is the log.............

Config files backup directory created at C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\CONFIG_BACKUP\
Backup of config file C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\CONFIG_BACKUP\Prepar3D.cfg
Prepar3D directory found at F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\
Prepar3D 4.0.28 build 21686 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
Shaders backup directory created at C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\General.fx has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
Backup of shader F:\P3D V4.0.28.21686\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl has been copied to C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\pta_2.51\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
Shaders integrity OK
ERROR: activation failed.
ERROR: activation failed: Server error

It seems it is time to reboot the server again. Activation fails on my end too...

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

1 minute ago, katsa said:

It seems it is time to reboot the server again. Activation fails on my end too...

Looking into it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

21 minutes ago, katsa said:

Yep, and me..

This is quite a problem lol.... needing a connection each and every time causes many headaches.. couldn't we just check every now and then as opposed to each and every time maybe?! .. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.