Sign in to follow this  
FastCheetah702

PMDG 747's lighting effect not showing on the ground

Hi

I am not seeing any lights of the PMDG 747 being thrown on the ground for P3D V4 even with Dynamic lighting on. The P3D v4 Carenado Bonaza's light is working ok. So far also tested PMDG 777 and lights are ok too. Only PMDG 747's lights on the ground not showing.

Anyone have similar problem? Please help. Thanks.

Screencapture :

http://prntscr.com/fikif6

2 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Same airports between the two aircraft? Same conditions? 

Tried a few airports and they are all the same issue. Only 747's dynamic lighting not showing at all.

I just tested and I'm seeing light splashes etc.

However, last night I noticed no light splashes. I suspected the airport textures were the problem, since I had just installed the Envtex package; including the airport textures.

After removing the airport textures within the Envtex package, everything is back to normal.

TLDR;

Disable any runway textures you might have added and try again.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

56 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I just tested and I'm seeing light splashes etc.

However, last night I noticed no light splashes. I suspected the airport textures were the problem, since I had just installed the Envtex package; including the airport textures.

After removing the airport textures within the Envtex package, everything is back to normal.

TLDR;

Disable any runway textures you might have added and try again.

I have Rexdirect restore to default P3DV4 textures, but still no light splashes. So I am not sure if change of runway texture could cause the plane's light splashes to disappear.

The ground textures at KMEM do cause the light splashes to disappear and this has been acknowledged by FSDT.  However, of all I've tested this is the only one I have a problem and there the problem exists for default and addon aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am getting no light splashes for all airport. And this happen to PMDG 747 only. So I just like to know if there is any setting in 747 that could cause this which I might have unknowingly triggered?

I to am not seeing any lighting effects on the ground with V4 default and 3rd party airports - this is with the dynamic lighting switch set to off. I do see lighting on the ground with the default aircraft.

While I do see ground lighting with the dynamic switch on, this is not an option as the performance hit is too great.

Ken Carlin

38 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

I to am not seeing any lighting effects on the ground with V4 default and 3rd party airports - this is with the dynamic lighting switch set to off. I do see lighting on the ground with the default aircraft.

Our aircraft require the dynamic lighting turned on.

38 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

While I do see ground lighting with the dynamic switch on, this is not an option as the performance hit is too great.

This is the correct setting for that option. The performance hit is highly dependent on your settings.

Kyle Rodgers

Well that's not good news. Dumbing down my modest V4 system settings to accommodate the new 747 would be taking a step backwards with regard to the immersion qualities that I cannot compromise on -good thing I have V3.4, cuz I do love the aircraft.

Now are we going to see that same lighting approach with the 737 and, is it the same for the 777?

Thanks,

Ken Carlin

46 minutes ago, FastCheetah702 said:

Any findings about no lights splashes even when dynamic lighting is on? My 747 is night grounded...lol

Some sort of issue on your computer, it seems, because everyone else has them working. Think of all of the possible mods you have in P3Dv4. What's on that list? Texture mods? Shader mods? Are you absolutely 100% sure you have dynamic lighting turned on? I know that sounds stupid, but I can't tell you how many times people write to us and say "I can see the liveries in FSX" and they swear they have the "show all variants" box checked. When I ask for a screenshot, sure enough, the box is unchecked.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Some sort of issue on your computer, it seems, because everyone else has them working. Think of all of the possible mods you have in P3Dv4. What's on that list? Texture mods? Shader mods? Are you absolutely 100% sure you have dynamic lighting turned on? I know that sounds stupid, but I can't tell you how many times people write to us and say "I can see the liveries in FSX" and they swear they have the "show all variants" box checked. When I ask for a screenshot, sure enough, the box is unchecked.

Yes dynamic lighting is checked. I have installed Orbx HD Airport texture. Can a texture addon affect dynamic lighting? Just like a confirmation on this as all default planes light splashes not affected, only PMDG 747 affected.

My 747 FMC's "SPLASHES IN DAYLIGHT" option is not selectable. Is this normal? Please see link toscreencapture below..

http://prntscr.com/fk2sjt

7 minutes ago, FastCheetah702 said:

Yes dynamic lighting is checked. I have installed Orbx HD Airport texture. Can a texture addon affect dynamic lighting? Just like a confirmation on this as all default planes light splashes not affected, only PMDG 747 affected.

Depends on what that texture mod is doing. I don't know how they are doing what they're doing. All I know is that they're modifying the sim in some way, and people without them have no issues, and some with them have issues.

Regardless: only a handful of people are seeing this issue, so my bet is that it is caused by settings on specific machines, and not our code/effects/etc.

Using aftermarket antivirus programs, perhaps?

9 minutes ago, FastCheetah702 said:

My 747 FMC's "SPLASHES IN DAYLIGHT" option is not selectable. Is this normal? Please see link toscreencapture below..

Normal. If it's greyed out, it's that way for a reason. This is usually due to the simulator in use not utilizing/needing the function, or the aircraft in use does not use it (in the case of equipment options). For commonality, we don't change the prompts between sims so we don't have a ton of different code bases to support. We just grey the right ones out.

Kyle Rodgers