Sign in to follow this  
ronnay

Switch from Fsx to p3d

Hello all,

I think almost every body who owns Fsx wright now is thinking to switch to p3d v4 (so ways I) my main reason was to switch the p3dv4 was because the OOM errors starten getting very irritating. Because p3d is a 64x bit game i believe, you do Not have any oom errors any more. Aswel as the graphics and performance is just mutch better.

when i had Fsx, ive spemd approximately €400 worth on addons. And afcourse, I've spend again 300-400€ for addons for p3d.  BUT I can tell you, it was totally worth it! I'm very glad I've made the switch. I really recommend this sim to all of the FSX users!

1 hour ago, ronnay said:

Hello all,

I think almost every body who owns Fsx wright now is thinking to switch to p3d v4 (so ways I) my main reason was to switch the p3dv4 was because the OOM errors starten getting very irritating. Because p3d is a 64x bit game i believe, you do Not have any oom errors any more. Aswel as the graphics and performance is just mutch better.

when i had Fsx, ive spemd approximately €400 worth on addons. And afcourse, I've spend again 300-400€ for addons for p3d.  BUT I can tell you, it was totally worth it! I'm very glad I've made the switch. I really recommend this sim to all of the FSX users!

So glad to hear your comments. I am running FSX-SE, however I must say I have never had any OOM issues. But besides that I have been looking at going to 64 Bit and therefore trying to decide on either XP11 or P3D4.

We're you able to reuse any of your existing FSX airport sceneries, airplanes, etc? I realize some add-ons need to be repurchased, I guess AS, Rex Textures, FSUIPC, ORBX Products - or can some of these simply be switched over to P3D4?

• Upvote 1

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

So glad to hear your comments. I am running FSX-SE, however I must say I have never had any OOM issues. But besides that I have been looking at going to 64 Bit and therefore trying to decide on either XP11 or P3D4.

We're you able to reuse any of your existing FSX airport sceneries, airplanes, etc? I realize some add-ons need to be repurchased, I guess AS, Rex Textures, FSUIPC, ORBX Products - or can some of these simply be switched over to P3D4?

I could use all the orbx products for fsx i bought. For flytampa im not sure but i bought it anyway (totally worh it) for as i dont know. I assume so because you can use youre activation code (if you still have it) again and use that one for the new addon (im not sure tho) but you will need to purchase the pmdg aircraft again tho..

Orbx works in both FSX and PREPARED V4, so does Flightbeam, Dreamteam, Fly Tampa. There are still many add-ons not available which is why I will keep both.

True. Many sceneries would/should work without any major issues. However as of now, not many of them have been upgraded to support the new lighting techniques. Just tried out FSDT KCLT yesterday... the immersion is just amazing. The new lighting is really nice.... also in conjunction with PMDG 777 or 747 (looking forward to the 737 with this upgrade!).

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Oh I made the switch alright.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Greetings all,

I'm also fitting in the category of moving from FSX-SE to P3Dv4 (just spend the weekend tweaking P3Dv4 to my liking)
Now I will also tell you I did buy xp11 a week before P3Dv4 came out. However being heavily invested (REX, ORBX, AS16, ASCA) and loving these add-ons I will be fully going to P3Dv4 and eventually removing FSX.

Addons that cannot port to P3Dv4 soon enough (in no particular order):
- ORBX airports and tools (esp FTX Global lights Configurator)
- A2A Acufeel
- ASAC Update to include Sky Texture updates
- QW 787 release (Praying for a QW 757 port to P3D v4 but may be futile) 
- FS Captain

Again XP11 is a very good Flight Sim right out of the box... the aircraft seem very accurate and the lighting visuals are outstanding. But being a casual Flight Simmer when I do us XP11, I so miss the extra "fluff" the above list provides. 

Cheers all,
D-Man
Seattle Wa.

5 minutes ago, D-man said:

Greetings all,

I'm also fitting in the category of moving from FSX-SE to P3Dv4 (just spend the weekend tweaking P3Dv4 to my liking)
Now I will also tell you I did buy xp11 a week before P3Dv4 came out. However being heavily invested (REX, ORBX, AS16, ASCA) and loving these add-ons I will be fully going to P3Dv4 and eventually removing FSX.

Addons that cannot port to P3Dv4 soon enough (in no particular order):
- ORBX airports and tools (esp FTX Global lights Configurator)
- A2A Acufeel
- ASAC Update to include Sky Texture updates
- QW 787 release (Praying for a QW 757 port to P3D v4 but may be futile) 
- FS Captain

Again XP11 is a very good Flight Sim right out of the box... the aircraft seem very accurate and the lighting visuals are outstanding. But being a casual Flight Simmer when I do us XP11, I so miss the extra "fluff" the above list provides. 

Cheers all,
D-Man
Seattle Wa.

I am enjoying reading these comments as they are very informative. As I mentioned earlier in my post I was curious what of FSX could be imported into P3D4.

What about ORBX Global Base should that be added to P3D or is it already part of the base P3D program?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Global is an add on and needs to be installed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

I am enjoying reading these comments as they are very informative. As I mentioned earlier in my post I was curious what of FSX could be imported into P3D4.

What about ORBX Global Base should that be added to P3D or is it already part of the base P3D program?

Vgbaron is correct..

Part of my P3Dv4 tweaking over the weekend was installing the ORBX items into P3Dv4 ready I had purchased prior to v4. This included:

Scenery:
- FTX Global
- FTX North America LC
- ORBX PNW

Aircraft:
- RealAir Duke
- FSX Cessna 172**
- FSX B737**

** Simply had to copy the aircraft folders form FSX for each and place them in the Aircraft folder for P3DV4. All sounds and gauges work 100%

Cheers,
D-Man

I also stepped up from FSX to P3D v4.  Only ORBX (Eng/Sco/Wal scenery) has switched over officially, and i've managed to get Traffic 360 over too with a bit of manual editing.  Impressions so far is that its an evolutionary jump rather than revolutionary.  Frame rates are a bit better, it looks nicer but it still has its quirks (like little bits of textures spiking up randomly out of the ground when going low level with ORBX scenery). Just waiting on REX to spin up the updates to get my weather back.

Still waiting on third parties to update aircraft but i'm having enough fun for now. Some stuff I know will have to be bought again if I want it, although likely I won't bother. PMDG 777 is too expensive to justify and i'll either sack them off completely or possibly get the 737 instead. VRS F18 is also a big ask with the double hit of having to buy Tacpack too.  Other stuff i'm hoping will come across for little/no cost in time. Milviz claim to be charging only a nominal $5 to upgrade the Phantom and I expect that Aerosoft will come good on the F14 and Lightning and JF on the Tornado.  The Tornado will be interesting to see if it comes good if they port it as I found it really struggled relative to some comparable products on FSX.  It could just be inferior coding or maybe it'll do better in 64 bit P3D land.

Hello! Worth it!

I used P3D V3 and I wasn't statisfied with V3. This relase was a big update. 64-bit sounds pretty nice. Performance is very smooth and the graphics also improved. You must buy some addon's to get nice Scenery's but I thought it was worht it. Welcome to the P3D Sim Club! Enjoy your flight's in the future!

Regards,