Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

Saitek X52 Problems

I have the X52 but lately the problem that the buttons change what they are supposed to do i.e one button used to switch between outside views and now it sometimes does it and sometimes it goes to inside views. I have FSUIPC5 but still the same. As the X52  is pretty dated is there anything which works better? I am running Windows 10 64 bit btw. I would appreciate your help very much.

Thanks

Bernd

are you asking a better joystick than Xproducts? if so then the answer is anything other than X products, I used to run all of the x's but last years their drivers require to much fiddling, switched to Warthog a year ago, never looked back.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have very successfully used the X52 Pro for years and no issues. I use SPAD.next to program all my Saitek controllers and panels and they work fine. Sure Warthog is a higher quality product and cost more but don't assume your stick has gone bad. I use FSUIPC5 to calibrate my equipment per Pete Dawson's instructions found in your install file and Spad.next to do all my custom profile programming for each individual aircraft in P3D and Xplane and it auto loads.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I use the x52 on one system and the X55 on another. All completely mapped through FSUIPC5 with no problems at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Interesting topic - I have an X52. I've always programmed it into FSX and the P3D (all versions) using FSUIPC. Always found this great with profiles for various aircraft etc. Agee though that the drivers seem to be less than well supported.

Recently, I've found that the mouse button 'drifts'. Usually, I get drift to the right where the mouse pointer starts slowly drifting to the right even though you m not touching anything. I've overcome this by setting up a profile that has massive dead zones for the mouse - works great as long as you remember to load the profile before the drift starts 😳 Of late, I've started to get down drift instead ☹️

Like you, I'm interested in an alternative, preferably one with twin throttles but without breaking the bank, and with we'll supported drivers in Win 10 64 bit. Not asking for much then 😳

@joepoway: I haven't heard of spad.next. Quick overview of what it does and why an FSUIPC user would want it ?

Thanks guys. Would like to know more about spad, do I  need it in addition to FSUIPC?

7 hours ago, RobWhightNZ said:

Interesting topic - I have an X52. I've always programmed it into FSX and the P3D (all versions) using FSUIPC. Always found this great with profiles for various aircraft etc. Agee though that the drivers seem to be less than well supported.

Recently, I've found that the mouse button 'drifts'. Usually, I get drift to the right where the mouse pointer starts slowly drifting to the right even though you m not touching anything. I've overcome this by setting up a profile that has massive dead zones for the mouse - works great as long as you remember to load the profile before the drift starts 😳 Of late, I've started to get down drift instead ☹️

Like you, I'm interested in an alternative, preferably one with twin throttles but without breaking the bank, and with we'll supported drivers in Win 10 64 bit. Not asking for much then 😳

@joepoway: I haven't heard of spad.next. Quick overview of what it does and why an FSUIPC user would want it ?

Here's the link to Spad.next one of the best payware add-ons I have ever used and I use it in combination with FSUIPC http://www.spadnext.com/home.html

It allows you a far greater range of programming including all the Lvars (local variables used by developers) and you can create your own variables to establish logic trees if you like. Additionally it works across P3D, X Plane, and other platforms and he is expanding the hardware compatibility.

I use FSUIPC for other things like his great AI aircraft limiter(helps tremendously with fps), Unlimited battery life, and good Stick Calibrations with profile capability.

Additionally Spad.next has partnered with Voice Attack http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=1d1841e184a34d9551e26a0e1716eaeb& so commands in VA can now access Lvars as well. Also Spad.next has its own text to speech assignments for any buttons , levers etc. so you can receive a verbal response to anything to do with your Saitek equipment.

I could go on and on but after establishing unique profiles for all my aircraft in P3D and X Plane it auto switches flawlessly when I change aircraft and/or platforms and I couldn't fly without it. Also he provides excellent timely support!

Regarding your mouse drift issue that is caused by the rubber mouse button sensor beginning to fail. I personally never use it but when it begins to fail it is actually sending the drift signal. The way to fix it is to disable it in Device Manager

Remember to disable Saitek Mouse rubber stick on throttle control to prevent mouse drift

Device manager

mice and other pointing devices

HID compliant mouse (2nd one down in my list)   DISABLE it

Also remember to disable the X52 Rudder twist function in P3dv4 or even with the mechanical lock on the stick if you twist it will send signals in addition to your rudder pedals. Here's how:

Remember to disable Saitek stick rudder twist in P3D Axis Assignment Options

Go to Axis assignments under P3D control settings X52 joystick

Rudder Axis   delete entry to DISABLE

Hope this helps

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2