Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

PMDG 777 Prepar3d v4 and navigraph

Anyone having issues with 1706 Navigraph with Prep V4 and the 777.  I am flying from CYUL to CYVR and CYUL runways and sids show up fine but when I go to ARR CYVR it shows no STARS or Runways??

Thanks

Darcy Coutts

Hi,

I'm using navdatapro so I cannot check on my side but is your problem new with the installation of the AIRAC 1706? 

Have you tried to delete the ARPT_RWY.dat file and let rebuilt it just in case?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I am in the middle of the flight right now.  Thing is it finds the waypoints fine just can't find the rwy or data when indexing cyvr.  I will try your suggestion though and let it rebuild or just reinstall it.

Thanks

Darcy

Deleting the arpt_rwy.dat file did it.  It rebuilt and cyvr runways, stars and sids were back.

Thanks for your help

Darcy

You are welcome.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi guys,

only for clarification - this "issue" with the rebuild of the ARPT_RWY.DAT file has nothing todo with any navdata-provider, nor with the navdata itself. Means, this can happen with NavDataPro also (see a FAQ posting in the AS forum).

It´s a PMDG specificum and happens only in the 777 what I know, what I have seen since years now ... 

So, whenever you have any issues with missing runways in the PMDG try to rebuild the ARPT_RWY.DAT file first. You can do this with the makerwys.exe from Pete Dawsons webpage.

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Direct link: http://www.navigraph.com

Hi Richard.  The arprt_rwy.dat file in the pmdg\navdata folder is used by the 777 and the 744, and true that it is not provided by any navdata provider.  However, makerwys.exe will not rebuild this file.  This file is rebuilt by the 777/744, the purpose of the file is to provide a cache of runway data for the FMS functions.  The makerwys tool will rebuild the runway data files in the P3D root directory, there are a number of them, that is used by RAAS and others.

Correct, the first thing one should do when getting the runway n/a message is delete this file.  It is rebuilt on the next load of the 777/744.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey there - hopefully someone can help me a bit here. I do not fully understand how all that navdata stuff works. P3D V4 comes with some kind of navdata right? And then each plane also has its own navdata? I am having an isuue where I cannot select RW25 Approach on LSGS in PMDG 777 (just shows some weird approach straight into the mountains) but I could in Aerosoft a320 in V3.

So where do I go from here?