Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

P3Dv4 is brilliant!

8 hours ago, Eziocin said:

In V4 I cannot achieve the same smoothness with such settings (I know everyone is reporting that V4 is much smoother than V3, so it must be something to do with my rig and/or settings), I have very good FPS but stutters here and there.....the only way to have a wonderfully super smooth experience is by lowering the monitor refresh rate to 30Hz (Vsync in P3D ON and FPS locked at 30 in Nvidia Inspector).

My specs are I7-2600k @ 4,8 Ghz, and GTX1080 

Is this normal ?

regards

Ezio

I have the same issue with almost the exact specs as you. I had a GTX 670 for both FSX and P3Dv3.3 and could get a smoother flight at 30 fps locked, but not in V4 with a GTX 1080.

For your V4 setup, are you set to unlimited in the sim? Are you controlling AA in the sim or through NI?

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

I have the same issue with almost the exact specs as you. I had a GTX 670 for both FSX and P3Dv3.3 and could get a smoother flight at 30 fps locked, but not in V4 with a GTX 1080.

For your V4 setup, are you set to unlimited in the sim? Are you controlling AA in the sim or through NI?

Out of curiosity, what were your autogen settings in v3 compared to v4 for buildings density and veggie density and what is your autogen draw distance setting in v4? Also, do you have speed trees (I think they are called 3D trees or dynamic trees) and dynamic reflections turned on or off?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

5 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

I have unlimited frame rate in P3D V4 and 30 FPS on NI. AA is set to 8xMSAA in P3D and 8xQ on NI (enhance application setting), exactly the same as in V3

2 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Out of curiosity, what were your autogen settings in v3 compared to v4 for buildings density and veggie density and what is your autogen draw distance setting in v4? Also, do you have speed trees (I think they are called 3D trees or dynamic trees) and dynamic reflections turned on or off?

I have Scenery complexity = Very dense (as in V3)

Autogen vegetation and building vegetation = Dense (I have Normal in V3, but even if I lower it to Normal in V4 the result will not change)

Autogen draw distance = high (not present in V3)....tried lower settings with no result

Speed Trees are OFF and Dynamic reflections ON. I have found the first one to have a strong impact on FPS, so I am not using it, while the second seems not so heavy on FPS but with no effect on smoothness when selected OFF

Playing around with the above settings seems not to have any impact on the issue ....FSP never go below 30 but fluidity is not very good..

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

5 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

All autogen sliders to the right on both v3 and v4.

No speed tress and reflections at half believe. I get higher fps (when unlimited) with v4, but stutters.