Sign in to follow this  
PBCool1

Depressed that the MD11 is being left behind.

With P3D v4 out now...and the big re-shuffle of simming and developing going on, I could not help but think of the MD11.

Its such a vital aircraft for our VA...sad to see it get left behind.

• Upvote 4

Preston B.
UPS001
CEO UPSVAC.com

Intel i9 10900k OC 5.3. ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4090, 32gb ram MSFS2020 Orbx.

Oh my god.  I feel I was the biggest fan of the MD11.  I was excited more than ever to have this plane back when it came to FS9. 

But... it is a dead product for PMDG.  They aren't going to revisit this aircraft for whatever reason.  Low sales is their official claim.  Nevertheless, we have to accept that the line is dead. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yeah. What Orlaam said. Face it; this isn't gonna happen.

I've not tried it, but Rotate Sim's MD-80 looks pretty good. It's for X-Plane.

Maybe you could try that route if you're set on MD aircraft?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

We all know that PMDG will not bring the MD11 into the P3D world :nangis: , and that poor sales, or whatever it was did not justify the work it would require to update it. That does not mean that we can not want it still. Hell, I bought the combo for FS9/FSX when it first came out....$89.99 was a huge amount for a addon back in 2008, and I would gladly pay that again for it today.

I want it just as much as the next tri-engine lover, but until someone that makes aircraft at the same level as PMDG, we are stuck in FSX or the PMDG 747/777 in P3D.

• Upvote 3

I cant help myself to pop by. Yup , there is a whole bunch of threads regarding this.  And with that I will refrain from commenting further, else Kyle will be revisiting for sure lol  I'll save him the trouble. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, PBCool1 said:

With P3D v4 out now...and the big re-shuffle of simming and developing going on, I could not help but think of the MD11.

I had a Flight Sim computer that was at the end of its life. The new box is the usual win10 / P3D,/ FSX / i7 7700k / 1080 video card etc. When I removed most of the software from the old flight sim box, win 7,FSX,i72700k/1050 video card and was about to "kill" the boxed version PMDG MD11, I had a fly with it...and the old girl is still great..So, I decided to keep the Win 7/ FSX box and the FSX sceneries just for the FSX/Win7 MD11,747 a/c . I was also fortunate that on an old drive in a previous build, I found some MD11 liveries as well.  

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

and for MD type fans, TFDi's new 717 is beginning to look good and it's already working in P3Dv4 ...

TFDI 717 is fantastic! I Spent half of today flying it Down the East coast from FlyTampa Toronto to FSDT Memphis KMEM then onto FSDT Ft Lauderdale Hollywood KFLL and then up to FSDT Charlotte KCLT. All in P3Dv4.  The 717 performed flawlessly.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Yeah. What Orlaam said. Face it; this isn't gonna happen.

I've not tried it, but Rotate Sim's MD-80 looks pretty good. It's for X-Plane.

Maybe you could try that route if you're set on MD aircraft?

I believe they are working on a MD-11???

Sorry, someone already mentioned this. That is what you get from posting before the coffee:huh:

Edited by wijnand
double post
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PBCool1 said:

I agree, if you like the MD11 flight systems, you need to try the TFDi Boeing 717 in P3Dv.4.  It is study level and has almost the same flight panel and systems. TFDi has it nailed down pretty good.

The release version is for P3Dv3, but they have an open beta for P3Dv4 right now.

I had seen and heard of performance issues and missing features/bugs in then 717. 

Either way, for me, the MD-11 was an interest due to the tri-jet design. Strange I know but I really like the B727, L1011, and even the Dassault aircraft that have this engine configuration.  I would buy a 727 or L1011 is FS despite the dated and difficult to manage panel setup.  It would have to be high quality and accurate though.  I'd really like a Falcon but since we have one on the market no one else will make it and the one available has very low standards.  We are truly missing in business class jets and always have been.  A lot of airports have high degrees of biz jet traffic but the market in FS is practically void. KTEX, KTEB, KSDL and many more. Tons of this type of jet. Very frustrating that no one with study level programming wants to tackle a nice business jet. 

• Upvote 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

21 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

I had seen and heard of performance issues and missing features/bugs in then 717. 

Either way, for me, the MD-11 was an interest due to the tri-jet design. Strange I know but I really like the B727, L1011, and even the Dassault aircraft that have this engine configuration.  I would buy a 727 or L1011 is FS despite the dated and difficult to manage panel setup.  It would have to be high quality and accurate though.  I'd really like a Falcon but since we have one on the market no one else will make it and the one available has very low standards.  We are truly missing in business class jets and always have been.  A lot of airports have high degrees of biz jet traffic but the market in FS is practically void. KTEX, KTEB, KSDL and many more. Tons of this type of jet. Very frustrating that no one with study level programming wants to tackle a nice business jet. 

Flysimware has a Falcon 50 under development. I too enjoy three engine aircraft and am hoping to see more. Personally I would love to see a modern 727. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Maybe we can convince TFDI to slap on that 3rd engine on top and greatly increase the gross weight now that they have MD experience.  :biggrin:

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png