Sign in to follow this  
PBCool1

Depressed that the MD11 is being left behind.

With the small cost of storage, there is no reason why we cannot hold on to all of our sims, given the investments made and the aircrafts we love.

I am planning to keep all my sims, so that I can fly whatever and whenever without having to feel that while I gained something, I lost or had to give up something else.

This is our renaissance in simming. Let's have it all!

As to PMDG md-11, it flies perfectly on my FSX, so I never have to give it up.

tony

• Upvote 1

I bet an MD-11 could have a big potential in P3D V4 as the sim is future proof. The downside is that MD-11 is flown as a cargo foremostly just as the DC-10/MD-10. This makes it quite useless to make for a simulation, as people want to have airliners that are flown today.

If PMDG would make (will not happen) a renewed version of the MD-11 for P3D V4 I would buy it within a split second without hesitating for a moment. That is for sure. Unforatunately this possibility is now even further away than Level-D 757 with nice graphics is.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

47 minutes ago, flyforever said:

Ditto

Lets go on a little trip to a place called Real World:  As RW jet engines became much more efficient, the 3rd stack became obsolete, eliminating the rather unwieldy config of the added weight to the tail section. But I too get sentimental sometimes, and fly the MD-11 or the DC 10.  But then I remember the RW, and the three-stacks sitting in a whole host of airplane grave yards, or sold-off to "developing countries" for cargo transports. (as is, and will be the fate of many 747's). 

But the point is, don't expect payware developers to have much interest in offering this dodo product in the future...     

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

But will it be hardcore like the PMDG one?  Or lite weight drivel?

Note to PMDG:  I would wager a P3Dv4 MD11 from you folks would sell well.

If the Rotate MD-80 is any indication, their MD-11 will be a fantastic product.   Rotate's MD-80 is fairly complete in terms of the depth of its systems modeling.   Rotate are quickly gaining a reputation in the X-Plane community as a quality payware developer.

• Upvote 1

I really don't see the need to have an MD-11 lament thread every few days. As far as future development goes - it appears over. No amount of emotional navel gazing is likely to change that decision.

6 hours ago, flyforever said:

With the small cost of storage, there is no reason why we cannot hold on to all of our sims, given the investments made and the aircrafts we love.

6 hours ago, flyforever said:

The best bits of advice so far.

David Porrett

5 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Lets go on a little trip to a place called Real World

LOL, in a simming community, well done, nameless brother.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I really don't see the need to have an MD-11 lament thread every few days. As far as future development goes - it appears over. No amount of emotional navel gazing is likely to change that decision.

This is what grief looks like. I'm not kidding. People posting in these threads are grieving (and as I prepare to switch to P3d v4 I'm in that group as well). I don't doubt that PMDG has the sales figures to show why revisiting the MD-11 is a loser for them, but if nothing else all these threads show that this was a very special product that did something unique to draw people in. And yes, it clearly drew them in on an emotional level in many cases.

In other words: let people have their navel gazing, since we can't have the MD-11.

James

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, honanhal said:

This is what grief looks like. I'm not kidding. People posting in these threads are grieving (and as I prepare to switch to P3d v4 I'm in that group as well). I don't doubt that PMDG has the sales figures to show why revisiting the MD-11 is a loser for them, but if nothing else all these threads show that this was a very special product that did something unique to draw people in. And yes, it clearly drew them in on an emotional level in many cases.

In other words: let people have their navel gazing, since we can't have the MD-11.

James

Hear, hear.  Well said.

59 minutes ago, honanhal said:

in other words: let people have their navel gazing, since we can't have the MD-11.

Lets all get in a circle and gaze at the navel to our right...liquor is advised.

spacer.png

I have to say that the MD-11 is what drew me into airliners. The fidelity of that sim at the time was beyond anything else out there. I hope they refresh it someday, but I do understand the limited audience. 

• Upvote 1

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

1 minute ago, AlphaInfinity said:

I do understand the limited audience. 

We'll see just how limited the audience is when Rotate release their MD-11.  I think PMDG is missing out on a lot of potential.

They have sales data but it's based on the last iteration of their product.  Sales will slump during the lifecycle of any software project.   Something new and shiny though?   Guarantee people will throw money at it.

I'm a big fan of the MD011 as well, but even bigger fan of the MD-80 from Leonardo (only from them as the others never had the systems depth the Leonardo Maddog has).  I still have FSX:SE installed to fly the MD-11 and MD-80.

Best wishes friends.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

24 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I still have FSX:SE installed to fly the MD-11

Same here, which is why I have not abandoned it.