Sign in to follow this  
sunshy

P3D v3 is not working, so how to uninstall PMDG products correctly?

Hello guys,

Something happened to my p3d v3 and I can't open it anymore (its crushing to desktop with fatal error message) and I need to uninstall and reinstall it again.

I have the PMDG 737 NGX & 777 installed on p3d. Since I cant deactivated these trough the FMC before uninstalling the p3d, I wounder what is the proper way to uninstall the PMDG products, so I'll be able to install them again later on while using the activation code I got when I bought them?

Thank you in advance,

Shy

Run the installers again and that will give you the option to un-install.  Failing that, go into your Programs and Features folder and click in the PMDG entries to un-install them.

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

35 minutes ago, Meeko said:

Run the installers again and that will give you the option to un-install.  Failing that, go into your Programs and Features folder and click in the PMDG entries to un-install them.

Bruce R

Thanks Bruce!

So if I understand correctly, after using the method above, when I'll re-install the PMDG products on the new installed p3d v3, I won't have any problem the re-enter the same activation codes?

no need to fear from "abusing" my activation codes?

Thanks again,

Shy

Nope  you should  be  fine  since  its  the same  pc  your  installing  it  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Nope  you should  be  fine  since  its  the same  pc  your  installing  it  

Thanks Peter & Bruce

11 hours ago, sunshy said:

I won't have any problem the re-enter the same activation codes?

You should NOT deactivate your license to uninstall the aircraft if you are going to reinstall it on the same computer.  You have a limited number of activations (that might be reset by submitting a trouble ticket), but you can uninstall and install on the same license an infinite number of times.  That is how we do our beta testing.

The most direct way of installing the product is from the control plane as mentioned by Bruce.  The OC is keeping track of your liveries so when you go to reinstall the program, the OC will give you an option to "repair" the liveries so they do not have to be reinstalled.

The worst possible way to fix problems is to uninstall/reinstall a program.  You are likely to introduce more problems than you fix.  Lockheed Martin provides a very good set of steps to take to trouble shoot problems with P3D, which is basically letting the configuration reset to default, and you should try this first.  See http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

You should be familiar with the LM P3D forum if you are a P3D user, and AVSIM has a very active P3D forum as well.

Dan Downs KCRP

You don't have to re-install anything. 

Just deinstall the p3d client and then reinstall it. That should fix your start up issues.

A long shot this but,I had the exact same problem 2 days ago and put it down to a sode or pmdg issue.

I was just about to uninstall v3 again and realised that i had also just installed the new beta version of the navigraph charts.

I uninstalled that and p3dv3 started working again, so if you have that product and are running the beta version of it,try uninstalling that and see if that fixes it 

• Upvote 1

Pete Little

5 hours ago, mazelda said:

I was just about to uninstall v3 again and realised that i had also just installed the new beta version of the navigraph charts.

I uninstalled that and p3dv3 started working again, so if you have that product and are running the beta version of it,try uninstalling that and see if that fixes it 

Now that is a good example of troubleshooting the problem.  My beta version of Navigraph Desktop Charts is on a separate computer so I haven't run into that one. Good to know.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you all guys, this is really helpful. 

I'll try what you suggested. 

Thanks again, 

Shy 

On 13.6.2017 at 1:03 AM, mazelda said:

A long shot this but,I had the exact same problem 2 days ago and put it down to a sode or pmdg issue.

Wow!! I wish I saw this post before I uninstalled and re-installed my P3D, it took me ages to uninstall and reinstall everything! (Of course I tried to Repair the installation first by executing the setup file and after that I tried to uninstall and reinstall only the p3d client, none of these worked)

So YES!  I have also installed the new beta version of the Navigraph charts and from that moment my p3d refused to run and gave me a "Fatal error" while trying to open it. Unfortunately I didn't make the connection and didn't realized that can be the cause for that issue. :angry:

So I guess I'll have to uninstall the new beta version of the Navigraph charts today and wait for the fix.

Thank you so much Pete for this information!

Glad to be of help

Sorry you had uninstalled v3 first,I was almost in the same position

Rgds

Pete Little

6 hours ago, sunshy said:

I wish I saw this post before I uninstalled and re-installed my P3D, it took me ages to uninstall and reinstall everything! (Of course I tried to Repair the installation first by executing the setup file and after that I tried to uninstall and reinstall only the p3d client, none of these worked)

Not to pile on, but this is one of the many reasons I tell people that uninstalls/reinstalls should be the absolute last resort unless instructed otherwise. Giants wastes of time, and can actually make things worse. Not of much use now, but keep it in mind for the future.

Kyle Rodgers

On 14.6.2017 at 3:42 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Not to pile on, but this is one of the many reasons I tell people that uninstalls/reinstalls should be the absolute last resort unless instructed otherwise. Giants wastes of time, and can actually make things worse. Not of much use now, but keep it in mind for the future.

I agree, lesson learned :)

BTW, I think that after 3 years of massive using of P3D, it turned out for the best to do a fresh install.

Now I'm considering buying P3D v4, so another installation is on the line