Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Share your list of free High Quality Airports for P3DV4

I have tested a few high quality free airports that work great in P3Dv4

These are all Australia and I am also using Orbx Australia.

Ants Airports Ballina ( YBNA ) in Northern New South Wales. Its an hours flight north of Sydney and is serviced daily by Virgin Australia using 737-800 & E190 and Jetstar with A320's. I think its on pair with Orbx airports.

Ants Aussie airports is another great one. It contains 33 Airports across the country. My favorite is the outback town of Longreach ( YLRE ). Its the home of QANTAS and has the Qantas Founders museum with static Qantas 747-200 and 707 just like in the real world airport. Its serviced daily by a Qantas Link Q400 from Brisbane.  

Get both here http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold Coast ( YBCG )  Its located in Southern Queensland. 1 hours flight from Sydney and about 1.45 Hours from Melbourne. Its an international airport with frights arriving from Southern Australia via Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar and Tiger. Air New Zealand have several daily A320 services from New Zealand. Air Asia has an A330 service from Malaysia. Scoot operate the 787 to Singapore and Jetstar an A330 service to Japan.

Get the Gold Coast here https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=175183

Than Update 1 https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=176496

Taxiway Update https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=199341

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Any special procedures with installing? Did you use the addon.xml method?

No I just created a file for addon scenery outside of the main P3D file and used the scenery library to add each package

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Pete

I have all Ants scenery installed in p3Dv3.4 and their scenery order requires them to be above any installed ORBX scenery(advice from Ants). Have you been able to do this in v4 - I usually use Scenery configurator but the v4 update hasn't been released.

steve

2 hours ago, YukonPete said:

I have tested a few high quality free airports that work great in P3Dv4

Thanks great that these airports work in v4 without having to change anything.

I also love Ant's Boonah it is a top quality grass field.

I also enjoyed Ant's Brisbane international YBBN much more than Orbx's rendition because it has much better frame rates.

Have you tried YBBN and Boonah in v4?

http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

The Altiports Alps package by vf-air partially works - the sloped runways are there but many objects are not.  I have converted the bgl's to FSX format, and have obtained the permission of the author to upload the converted files, which I hope to do shortly.

Freeware Reggio Calabria airport LICR , with a challenging curved approach to runway 33, works in v4, however the flashing lead-in lights do not appear to work.

7 hours ago, glider1 said:

Thanks great that these airports work in v4 without having to change anything.

I also love Ant's Boonah it is a top quality grass field.

I also enjoyed Ant's Brisbane international YBBN much more than Orbx's rendition because it has much better frame rates.

Have you tried YBBN and Boonah in v4?

http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

I own Orbx YBBN so I am waiting for that to be updated.

Pete Richards

One of my favorites that looks absolutely spectacular in v4 is LatinVFR's KEYW. Just beautiful. Updated with proper installer too.

Mario Di Lauro

33 minutes ago, tamsini said:

One of my favorites that looks absolutely spectacular in v4 is LatinVFR's KEYW. Just beautiful. Updated with proper installer too.

And it's free, as this thread is addressing?

OMG!!!!!! So sorry!!! I jumped the gum on this one :blush::blush:

Mario Di Lauro

I wonder if the many free AFCAD updates for V3 would function in V4. 

I've got YBRK (Rockhampton QLD) from ants arsenal of airports :biggrin: and Hamilton Island  also they work fine in p3dv4. Longreach is another good one. 

Great thread, what about the makers of KBLI, don't they have a free New Zealand airport thats payware quality?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

47 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Great thread, what about the makers of KBLI, don't they have a free New Zealand airport thats payware quality?

Yes and it works well in P3DV4.1.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz