Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Share your list of free High Quality Airports for P3DV4

I just installed the Airports of Norway package. The first two airports I tried were stunning. 

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, MarkW said:

KONT from the Avsim library works although there is one default building that is showing up on the UPS cargo ramp....which of course is the only ramp I use at this airport.

That must be an exclusion issue. Have you tried my KLGB? KFWA? KRIC? I think KPHL of SSJ works with a few anomalies.

I am moving to a new computer set up in a new city so am not able to do any design work on sceneries so that is why I ask.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

1 hour ago, MarkSC said:

I just installed the Airports of Norway package. The first two airports I tried were stunning. 

Where did you find that Mark?

-Dean.

+1 on Airports of Norway, truly fantastic. Some of them are even better than some payware alternatives. 

Google for flightsimnorway 

Santiago de Larminat

If you do a search for Archangelsk ULAA, you'll find a superb (and huge) free scenery package for FSX (also works in P3D V4.1 if you install it manually) which includes photorealistic terrain for the entire area surrounding the City of Arkhangelsk, with custom autogen buildings for the entire town and all the docks and harbours sat on top of that phototerrain, plus a very realistic rendition of the nearby ULAA Talagi airport, complete with Russian aeroplanes, helicopters and trucks sat on it, in front of the realistically modeled hangars and terminal buildings. This airport used to be where Tu-128s and MiG-31s of the PVO's 518th Fighter Aviation Regiment operated during the Cold War, so it has an 8,200 foot concrete runway, which is grooved to provide additional grip in the snow.

Nordavia operate Boeing 737s from there, Utair operate ATR 72s, 737s and 767s from there and AeroFlot operate many types there too. If you like challenging weather, the temperature has been known to drop as low as −450C at Archangelsk and it averages about 160 days of snowy weather per year. 

Here is my JF VC10 at Talagi airport in P3D V4.1, where you can see the snow has been bulldozed off the aprons:

WR3xtDe.jpg

Here is my ATL-98 over Archangelsk city in P3D V4.1 with the Cathedral of the Archangel Michael with its golden towers located on Prospekt Troitskiy on the northern bank of the Dvina river, visible below the aeroplane:

rbNL6p1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I really like the Locher/Sarentino private airfield scenery (locher_airfield_vd_100.zip) by Vassilios Dimoulas in the Avsim library.
It's a challenging approach and it has been modelled an textured to a rather high standard.

+2 for Airports of Norway.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, ShezA said:

That must be an exclusion issue. Have you tried my KLGB? KFWA? KRIC? I think KPHL of SSJ works with a few anomalies.

I am moving to a new computer set up in a new city so am not able to do any design work on sceneries so that is why I ask.

Shez

From the AVSIM Library KASE from Todd Harrell seems fine in P3Dv4.1.  I've tried a bunch from my old FSX installation and most caused issues.  KONT ShezA (love your sceneries BTW) and KASE Harrell are working well.  

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

On 03/12/2017 at 9:49 PM, MarkSC said:

Are you also running ORBX Norway and if so any intergration issues?

Darren Howie

There's also great freeware Hawaii airports from George on here as well, ORBX quality too! Amazing stuff, and it also works with P3D v4.1!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 12.6.2017 at 8:37 AM, lzamm said:

The Altiports Alps package by vf-air partially works - the sloped runways are there but many objects are not.  I have converted the bgl's to FSX format, and have obtained the permission of the author to upload the converted files, which I hope to do 

Sounds really interesting! Do you think you could have a look at their LFTZ? Also some buildings missing...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Check simmershome.de for some excellent freeware scenery. He's going to release Rhodes Intl LGRP today, which will be P3Dv4 native with dynamic lights, custom mesh and LC, and 30cm/pix photoground

Its all for free, but the dev would appreciate a small donation

http://simmershome.de/aktuelle-entwicklung-lgrp-und-lgrd-rhodos/

Can someone explain how to download airports from there ? I tried to download the turkish airports package to see how it performs. I recieved a mail from the site that my "purchases" would have to be activated by the admin, and that was 3 weeks ago. I send them a mail, but no reply.

There is also the NL2000 Scenery package. They cover a lot of danish airports, but only the ones updated to v4.10 are V4 compatible I believe.

1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Can someone explain how to download airports from there ? I tried to download the turkish airports package to see how it performs. I recieved a mail from the site that my "purchases" would have to be activated by the admin, and that was 3 weeks ago. I send them a mail, but no reply.

Yeah sorry, i should have mentioned that. You need to 'buy' the sceneries through a shop front, even though its all for free. Thats why they call it 'zeroshop' ;)

I vaguely remember that new accounts need to be approved by admin first. I'm afraid you will have to contact them again in order to get your account enabled. Once thats done its pretty straight forward, just click on 'kaufen' (german for 'buy') and complete the order. 

Usually, it only takes a day for him at maximum to process applications, and he is around right now in fora. Something must have gone wrong in your case, as Woozie writes, try it again.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11