Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

reality pack 1.2....Amazing!!!!

Guest stevehow

Sacha rieger has done a truly amazing job with this package.i was absolutely stunned when viewing the european ground textures..also adds rail,road and water addon textures.anyone thinking about this..i can only suggest you download and take a look..so many different options.this is a ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE..of course this is only my opinion!!! steve

I'd like to try this out, but don't want to overwrite the textures I have for either ActiveSky or FScene. the sky/cloud textures are easy to figure out, but which ones can I use that won't overwrite my FScene textures?BradKELP/KBIF http://home.elp.rr.com/bmbanister/BannerSig_BMBanister.jpgAMD Athlon XP 2600, Asus A7V600, 1GB PC3200 DDR, NVidia 128MB GeForce 6800, SB Live

Although I like most of the package, I find that the winter scenery is a little weak. It repeats the same set of textures over and over. I understand that all textures and autogen scenery items repeat, it just that the repeated winter are not spaced far enoght apart to give a real visual feel to the game.Tom

Hi Tom,How does this product interact with Ultimate terrain and/or Birds Eye View? Does it replace one or both of them (fully or partially), or compliment them both?Thanks- Bruce.

Guest rpjkw1155

I'm wondering the same thing. I use BEV and Flight Environment.Bob

I liked the package except for the night lighting of the runways. Headlights have turned deadly purple on the runway, weird. Now I have to replace it with some other. I wish I knew which textures or effect turned the lights that way. Day time summer textures are awesome, winter is ok. The best work was done on the airport areas. I really wanna keep them.

I would not replace only 2 files: halo.bmp and spotlight.bmp in FS9/TEXTURES folder. Very, very nice package indeed.

So far no one has come up with an answer to this query. Grateful for any feedback on this issue. With a number of texture replacement packages around now this matter is becoming quite complex if one wnats to use the best features from all of them.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest koorby

>So far no one has come up with an answer to this query. >Grateful for any feedback on this issue. With a number of>texture replacement packages around now this matter is>becoming quite complex if one wnats to use the best features>from all of them.>>BrucebBruce, it's really not that complex. Download the FS2004 Terrain SDK from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/f...n_sdk_setup.exeand read the document called TerrainTextureNames.doc - once you have gotten familiar with the texture naming system it will become clear what textures replace what you see on the ground, and you can then mix and match (if you wish).However a word of caution: almost all texture developers will color-match their textures to suit tile families being grouped together. If you take a few textures from FScene, a few from BEV, a few from RealityPack etc etc, you will get all sorts of color mismatching issues which will look very strange in the sim.

Bruce - Although I purchased Ultimate Terrain I no longer have the program loaded on my system and I have never used Birds Eye View package.I am not talking down the Ultimate Terrain Product, it's a great add-on, but the FPS rates on my computer were not as good as I wanted them to be when I used UTUSA. My computer is a 2.4 Ghz system and I wanted a heavier load of autogen textures versus the details of UTUSA.With the RealityPack textures I am also using the Koorbygen lite, Ultimate Night Enviroment Pro, and only the autogen textures of the Silver Wings scenery package. With my display sliders move to the right, clouds set at high, and a target frame rate set at 25, I am hitting a soild 25 frame rate for most FS9 environmental settings.What I am saying is that I saw little or no effect to my frame rates after loading the RealityPack textures.Tom